Eating for Beauty: food tip from Flying J newsletter

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I received the following in a newsletter from Flying J Farm this week and thought y'all might like reading it:

~~~

Food Tip From Linda

I was glancing through my new book Eating For Beauty by David Wolfe. He says

"Cucumbers have a reputation as the best kidney cleanser known. They are a diuretic; thus, they prevent bloating due to water retention, and they help to wash the kidneys and bladder of debris and stones. Cucumbers mix well with celery in a juice. The natural saltiness of the celery helps to transport the water-rich cucumber into the tissues, creating more hydration. One of the most beautifying and cleansing of all juices combines celery, apple, and cucumber together in the following ratio:

4-6 ribs of celery
1 apple
1 cucumber

Cucumbers contain the enzymes erepsin, which helps digest proteins and kill tapeworms. The shininess of cucumber skins is indicative of the presence of silicon. Waxing and the usage of pesticides cause most people to skin their cucumbers before eating them. The best idea is to buy fresh organic cucumbers. This way you can eat the skins and enjoy the benefits of the beautifying silicon compounds and chlorophyll presence there. ...Cucumbers are cooling, refresing, water-rich, filling, low in calories, alkaline, and high in energy. Many of the world's most attractive actresses and models eat cucumbers daily."

~~~

Flying J Farm's website is http://flyingjfarm.com - their newsletter is a fun read, even if you're not from our area. I learned about them from Mistymeadows.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!