Little Lilac bush

Garner, NC(Zone 7a)

I've had it for 4 years and its never once bloomed....its still little too....what am I doing wrong for this poor little thing??
thanks for any help in advance

hugz
Lexy

Are you in a position to post a photo? Can you provide any more details?

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I have some Lilacs that I had dug up as lil shoots a few years back while I was walking thru the woods, brought them home and planted them and sorta left them on their own against a wooden fence. They've grown really well for me (6 + ft tall now) but this was the first year they bloomed.

I'm not sure if they need so many years to mature to flower or not.... sorry I can't be of more help. I'm sure somebody will chime in soon.

~Julie =0)

Garner, NC(Zone 7a)

E- I'll take a pic tomorrow@!!.......I just now found this post again....
and thanks also to jab for the post :)

hugz
Lexy

Salem, WI(Zone 5a)

Lilacs like sun. My friend had the same situation that you describe except it was closer to 6 or 7 years. He had it in the front yard where it received a lot of shade. He needed to relocate when he was redoing his yard. He moved it to the back yard in full sun and it took off and bloomed the next year.

Garner, NC(Zone 7a)

I still havent been able to get outside to take a picture yet.....but jerger thank you for the reply.....I'll have it moved to full sun..........

hugz
lexy

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I would guess the sun thing. We have a miniature lilac that we had in a shady location for several years, and it never bloomed after that first year that we planted it. It had to be moved last year, and it's in the sun now. This spring, it was LOADED with blooms!

I did read somewhere else though, that maturity might be a factor, as well as too much nitrogen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.