Neglect pays off!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

My poor AVs have been a bit neglected lately during our move and settling in. I water them when I remember, when they're used to being watered a little bit very regularly. When I checked on them yesterday, on of my leaves had sent up a baby, and two plants are getting ready to bloom! Quite the reward for so little work!

Silver Spring, MD

Way to go Mother Nature!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yippee!

I hope your settling in is going smoothly.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

That's wonderful !

MsC

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Sheesh! I wait a day and now I can see babies on about half my leaves. Brace yourselves: when all these plantlets get established, I'll be ready for another round of serious trading. :) And now I feel so encouraged I'm tempted to start some more leaves...

Silver Spring, MD

Hold on and count to 10. Better yet 100000000000010.

First, plan and addition to your house!!

You are hooked!

Nanna

Silver Spring, MD

I have a friend who added a green house porch to her home.

She grows orchids.

Nanna

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Well, since we just moved we have some expanding room! Yay! But the only thing this house doesn't have that I did want is a green house. That's to come soon! I've been hooked for quite awhile now-- I think this is just a rejuvination. :)

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

There's an old wives' tale that suggests if you drop an AV, it'll bloom--something to do with abuse and neglect triggering them into survival mode, putting out those pretty blooms! Good for you!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Hehe, I'm getting ready to place a Rob's order, and I picked up some perlite at the store today... Back on a roll!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

All riiiiight! Let us know which AVs you picked out! No "ears" yet on your 'Smitten Kitten' leaves, but the mother plant is looking fine, so I should have you covered there.... unless you really can't wait, LOL!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Hmm, still weeding down the AVs! I like the minis and the trailers best, but I might get a standard... we'll see. (I'm also going to take a leap and get a hoya or two! I feel another addiction coming on?!) I'll let you know when I order so I can start something for you in exchange for the Smitten Kitten! Since you remembered, I can wait. :)

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, danak! I can easily score some trailer leaves for you.....let me know what you have, and we can trade out, or do postage. =)

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Cool! I'm always up for trading. I'll D-mail you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.