CLOSED: does anyone know

Blenheim, New Zealand

where seed are attainable of this plant,,Calendula officenalis prolifera . love to know where.. A pic is out of a old book . name may now have changed Thanks Boots

Thumbnail by bootandall
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

My, that is quite an interesting calendula! I imagine it would grow well here. Thanks for the thread, Boots, and the link, Baa!

Blenheim, New Zealand

Thanks Baa
believe or not , just ordered a catalog from Chiltern last night,
so great to know that they will be in it.
Weezin, thought they would look good in and about the veggie patch

My pleasure! The catalogue is a great read.

I had one of these varients pop up on C. 'Greenheart Orange' a few years ago.

Blenheim, New Zealand

I am hoping the hen and chicks look like the old pic,were you pleased with the varient of, C 'Greenheart Orange' you had.
I have had the Chiltern cat before, 91-95. and it is a great read,so easy to get it now on line, should have thought before, because before it was all post.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

When the Chiltern's catalog arrives, it is like getting a new novel! I write down the offerings I find interesting, then research them. I don't believe we have anything like it in the US.

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

I love the Chiltern catalogue too- it just conjures up sights and smells of all those plants in my head. Who needs photos???? I love all the 'asides' too. English eccentricity at its best!

Boot, it was a surprise more than anything, here's one of my classic bad photos of it in Oct 2001 http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=14974

Blenheim, New Zealand

thanks Baa looks like a lot of chicks, hope Chiltern have seeds left . will find out when the catalog arrives

Campinas, Brazil(Zone 9b)

Is this the calendula you are looking for ? I have three of them blooming now.

Thumbnail by babalu
Blenheim, New Zealand

Hi babalu I think it is like yours,but with smaller flowers around the central flower.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Hi bootandall
Now I can post here. got my subscrib a couple of days ago.This is how it looks. Sorry its such small pic but its the only one i could find on the web

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

without copy text
This flower can have between 5-9 smaller flowers around the centerflower

Thumbnail by Janett_D
oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Welcome to DG Tayson80. It's a great place.
Maggi

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sorgina.
you now my dog Tayson is from Spain.He is from Sara a dogshelter on Lanzarote

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Welcome tayson80 to Daves Garden. A wonderful place for information and meeting new friends all over the world.

Is this an annual like all calendula's?

Blenheim, New Zealand

Tayson the dog is a beauty. sorgina,
, I have sent seeds 2u tayson80 it is becoming spring here ,and the catalog has arrived,
your pic looks like , I hope it will be.
regards Boots

Blenheim, New Zealand

I think so

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

info said annual
Janett

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Bootandall. Spring?????buaa here the fall has started. the leaves are turning colors and start to fall off. I just have to emmigrate.lol
and by the way tanks for the welcomming. One thing ive noticed here even if people dissagree ever so much they still keep a friendly tone and that is really nice.
Janett

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/563088/

OSAKA, Japan(Zone 9b)

bootandall,

Did you have a chance to see this Calendula?
A friend I had shared the seeds with, let me know its blooming yesterday.
Here' re the pics just for reference.

Thumbnail by Tomtom
Blenheim, New Zealand

thankyou for the pics, your friends are flowering perfectley , I will sow some more seeds, as mine did not do as expected.

(Zone 7b)

I have a Calendula right now doing this -

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/647732/#new

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.