Greenhouse in Wisconsin

Janesville, WI(Zone 5b)

We are going to buy a greenhouse kit in the near future. And am wondering if anyone else in Wisconsin has done this before and has any tips or information we could use. I am debating between twin wall and triple wall polycarbonate and whatever else is out there. Any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

im not from Wisconsin, But spent the winter in Great Lakes while in boot camp so
i know what the winter is like there. if the money wasnt a factor, The triple wall.
it might give ya a few more weeks head start on the season on top of the twin wall.
Heating it is another ballgame , so many options. under bench heat , under floor heat.
wood , propane , natural gas , electric ...

The more walls in the polycarb panels the more insulating factor you will get.
but your only in the r 3 to 5 areas if i remember correctly.

to give more of a insulating boost , you could do the triple wall on the out side
and a poly film layer inside. there is a polyfilm that has a IR coating to help keep
the heat inside.

Janesville, WI(Zone 5b)

I am thinking about doing a 12x20 triple wall with gas heat. I'll have to make up my mind soon if I want to put it up before winter, seeings as I will also have to have a foundation poured and the gas line, water and electric run. Both Charleys Greenhouse Supplies and Cross Country Greenhouses make triple wall kits. I am wondering what the difference is between the two greenhouses.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.