Tracfone. Tell me your experience

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I own my own business and often travel to TN to "go to market". And believe it or not, at 41, I've never had a cell phone. I LOVE the age of technology, I love anything computerized. But I've always despised phones for some reason. So a cell phone was never on my wish list...until the last couple of years.

My van is now 10 years old and I worry about breaking down. So the only reason I wanted a cell phone was in case of emergencies. I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 a month for a phone I wouldn't use.

Then I discovered Tracphone. I checked them out online on Sat. and for $20, I got a new phone AND 60 minutes! No monthly fees, no contracts to sign. I just buy prepaid minutes when I need them. 60 minutes will last me 2 or 3 months I'm sure.

So now that I've leaped into the fire, does anyone wanna tell me the pros and cons of Tracfone? I got my phone today and have it all set up with minutes and phone numbers of friends and relatives. What do I need to know about using the service? Do you get good service? Or are there a lot of out of service areas? According to their map, the places I travel to are all within my area, so no roaming charges.

Do you like tracfone? Why or why not? If I decide to go with a "real" cell phone service, can I use this phone if I go to Alltel or Verizon or someone?

NancyAnn

This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!