what is happening to these impatiens?

House Springs, MO

I hope someone can help me figure out what I may be doing wrong. I planted these impatiens and since we are having a very hot and dry summer I also installed a soaker hose. As you'll see in the pic below the leaves are yellowing and I think the plants are not doing well. Could I be overwatering? Underwatering? This is my first time with this plant and maybe there's nothing wrong - but they just don't look as healthy as they did a few weeks ago..

Craig

Thumbnail by zenhog
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Apply a good fertilizer according ot directions and maybe cut back a tad on water. They look pretty to me.
sidney

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Some of my impatiens looks like yours and I found spider mite on the back of leaves. They tend to take a place in a dry environment.

Stockport, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi Zenhog!

My impatiens look worse than yours, the weather is just too hot for impatiens here right now, they do it every summer when it gets too hot. I have fertilized and watered mine and it doesn't make a lot of difference............. just keep watering and so on, when it cools off a little you will probably see them snap back, mine always look the prettiest right before frost in October when the nights are cool ! :)

Union Grove, AL

Agree on the fert thing, if that doesn't clear em up wait till cool weather, if they still don't clear up pull up one and check for nematodes, they can have this kind of effect, but is not the likely cause, usually doesn't effect impatiens untill they have been planted in one spot for 3 or more years

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.