Help with a Echinacea

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Somewhere between the nursery and my house I lost the tag on this plant. One of the staff at the nursery mentioned it was a new one, only about 2 years old, but this was the first year it was out.

Can anyone help me with the name?

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

and hear is a close up of the flowers

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

echinacea Meadowbrite "Mango"? (or is it "Sunburst") I get them confused. One is yellow, the other is orange.

what a great find

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

It is yellow and they did mention mango ...

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wrong! The tag says to send to me! Please obey the rules!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Pirl Girl, you don't like those things. They are too much like Rudbeckias remember???? LOL

Jeanette

I just yanked out that darn Rudbeckia. It was a seedling from one we had about 12 years ago and was in flower before I spotted it!

I love Echinacea but right now a lot of the flowers need cutting back to encourage new ones. I loved the yellow one but $19.99 was more than I was willing to pay.

Pirlgirl (IF I were to have a tombstone, which I'm not, I'd put:
Pirlgirl is taking a break, on it - thanks to you!)

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow, this was on sale 3 pots (gallon - mix and match) for $24 (9.99 each)

I also got chocolate cosmos and evening primrose.

Pirl & everyone else. Flowerscent garden was selling them for $7-8 last spring. highly rated in the watchdog. Mine had a fungus and died, but other buyers did great.

Part of my birthday present, from my darling daughter, was a gift certificate to the place with the yellow Echinacea. So now, did I run right out and see if they had it and buy it? No. I decided to wait until their big sale and if it's there, it's mine! Thanks for the information about where to get it just in case they're sold out.

Flowerscent is sold out also, this is just FYI next spring

Good enough!

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah and get your Flowerscent order(s) made around the Dec/Jan time frame. You're on the list and get shipped first as well. That one man operation gets hectic in spring when everybody drops their orders and then starts harrassing Glenn because they're not shipped instantly. When you order early you can pick your dates for shipping. Great stuff! My tiny rooted cuttings of Zephrine Drouhin roses bloomed in the hoop house in March. They're now reaching the top of the 6' obelisks I put over them when they got planted in May.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm pretty sure your plant is 'Sunrise'. Here is 'Mango'.

Thumbnail by boojum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.