Another Finished Project!

Crossville, TN

I ws making this for a friend and got half way through and ran out of the turquoise w/black veins beads...never did find anymore...Wal Mart discontinued them.....so I had to take out all but the first row, make a row of just knots between each row of beads...so I would have enough to finish. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

What a beautiful job! I love the colors!

Cathy

Crossville, TN

Thanks, Cathy. Jo

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

I love it, that would look so good with my native american items. LOL.

Robin

Crossville, TN

Hah! I usually take it to the Round Ups with me and play it with the band...they are nice and never tell me to "kiss off"...LOL Jo

Claremore, OK

Did you make it from a dipper gourd? How did you learn how to do that?

Darlindeb

Crossville, TN

I think it was a Dipper Gourd that never got long. And the cord is just plain cord you can buy in the hardware...then use macreame (sp) knots. Jo

Claremore, OK

I like growing gourds. This year I had a dipper gourd come up. I have one on the vine that looks similar to yours in the picture.

Let me know if you need it.

I currently am growing apple, snake, dipper, bushel?and mini bird
house. I think it was one of your threads that mentioned they could cross-pollinate if near each other. Mine are all growing on the same fence area. Therefore, I don't know if the seed will be true; however, you are welcome to some seed in the spring.

I always let mine cure over winter. I tried picking them while green and they rotted on me. I like the way they look during winter. The curved long gourds in the picture are snake gourds I let grow on the ground then hung up there when they seemed brown and dry. All the bird house gourds are from one vine. I think I counted 78.

Thumbnail by darlindeb
Crossville, TN

I would sure like to have a couple of Apple gourds and a couple of Birdhouse ones...the birhouse gourds I would like to make snowmen out of...so the top half should be a little big...but smaller than the bottom...LMK the cost. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.