Evening Datura Show in Minnesota

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello All.

I thought I would share a pic of our white datura bushes taken last Tuesday evening (thus the darker picture!). Between the two bushes, they had a total of 28 blooms! It was absolutely stunning. Even after trying several of the colored daturas, there's nothing quite like these large white ones for a good show. I can only imagine how big these bushes will be when our growing season ends in a couple months.

Erick

Thumbnail by ErickMN
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

WOW, so many blooms, I have about ten new plants, only about 6 to 8 inches high and one of them has three buds I was sure hoping they would get bigger but they are very slow growers.

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

kareoke,

I know! For some reason, my daturas this year have grown very fast and started blooming very early. I started them indoors in early April, so that probably helped.

I hope yours "catch up" and you have tons of blooms very soon!

Erick

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Quadruple wow.... very nice...

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Thank you, sbarr, for the nice compliment from overseas!

Erick

Oh to be back in the States...still another year and a half to go -- originally from Albany, NY - and had quite a few D. Wrightii. lilac la fleur and some Black currant swirls in 2003 before I moved here... just no space for it here.

:-)

Cheers!

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Oh, to be in Ireland right now....!!

You'll have to grow daturas again upon your return. We may even have more styles/colors to choose from by then!

Erick

Erick, you temptress! Well, not quite right, but sounds better than "you tempter"...

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Very true. "Temptress" does convey the point much better than "tempter"! I'll take that as a compliment!

Erick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.