Pigeons

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Any suggestions on how to keep the pigeons away from my balcony & plants!?!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

try tying mylar balloons on balcony.

I tried the mylar tape wrapped all over my pots, it did nothing.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmm....a life-like statue of a hawk or owl?

Maybe a big rubber snake laid out in a different place each day?

Shoe- you really think that'll work? My next door neighboor has a real snake, maybe I should "borrow" it. LOL

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

It might! I once saw a hawk swoop down and grab a pigeon for his lunch. It was unreal!

I have a plastic owl that I put in the garden (for rabbits); not sure it it works but who knows.

I bet the snake is a figure the birds would recognize. And, if not, at least you can move it around the house here and there to scare/surprise your loved ones! (I once packed one in my wife's suitcase when she went on a trip. Ya know, just so she would think of me.) ;>)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Are the pigeons landing on some kind of railing on your balcony? If so, it's a bit labour intensive, but it does work....buy a packet (or 2) of those long barbecue-type wooden skewers, the kind that people make kebabs on. I use them as cake testers. They're not expensive - I get them at the grocery store. Then, using duct tape, or whatever other method you prefer, attach them to the railing about 2-3 inches apart, with the points facing up. So basically your railing will look like a porcupine! They can't land on this and they don't like it and they will find somewhere else to hang out if you leave it like that for a while, and generally they don't try and come back after they've found a new hangout. If you have a really heavy population, you might have to leave it there longer. Anything that makes the surface that they're landing on either less comfortable or less easy to land on will make them go away.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

winchester xxx number eights.

Eweed, LOL... are we talking about the "winchester " that I'm thinking of and own, cause if you are, I could get in trouble with that here in LA. But don't think I haven't been tempted!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.