datura wrightii's getting ready

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

It won't be long now, they are budding up nicely :)

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

You're killin' me...*homesick sigh* - I actually had to remove a D. Wrightii on my last visit home - it was totally blocking my daylily bed. :-)

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

OH No, I am sorry to hear that Sandra, I would be happy to supply some seeds this fall to restart somewhere else in the landscape :) let me know.

Here it is the morning getting ready to show off, will keep posting photos, not to torment, but I love the way this plant looks when it's getting ready to "POP" open.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy

:-) Not this year, but I may come knocking at your door when I move back... I love them also - here was my first - and like you, I love it when they're just ready to burst....

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/389512/

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL well it opened tonight, but had company and darned if it wasn't too late to get a nice photo, tomorrow morning I will, and if it's overcast, they will stay open all day!!!!

Loved your pictures on the thread. I love the smell of this one the MOST of all I have ever grown, which is why it's never lacking in my garden. Pop in when you are back LOL I will send you home with a truck load of goodies LOL

Just for instance on size, check this pic out. 8 inches!!!!!!!!! I will also measure tomorrow when I take pics - they are HUGE!!!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

too much sun right now, will get a nicer shot after a bit

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

yeah, but then the sun causes them to close. Waah

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

yes sometimes it's too sunny and they droop, I like the cooler months here when it stays open for 2 days!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

photo from this morning

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy

Perfect... :-)

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Sandra, want some seeds, I can send to Doug???? Let me know LOL

No - No - No.... but, when I get back home, I will become a shameless begger and wander the forums asking for seeds.... soooooooooo, in anticipation of your goodwill - stay tuned, I think I have something fun you might want to participate in... *snicker*

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

hmmmmmmmmmmm now I wonder just what this could be????

Ok but when you get back home, knock my door down and I will send you away a happy SEED woman!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.