I think I was bragging a little too soon...

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I was so proud of the fact I had rooted several AVs. The first plant I have ever ever successfully propagated. Now most of the babies have dried up even though I kept a close eye on the water situation. I took them out of the baggies when leaves where a little smaller than a dime. Was that too soon?

Eureka, CA

I think I will watch what comes of this! I too have rooted my first leaf. It broke off while watering the mother plant, so I thought "what the heck" and stuck it in a tiny jar of water. It has tiny roots in the water. Now I plan to slowly add vermiculite & soil and see how it does!! Good luck to you, and as always, any advice from the pros is always helpful.

Sanna

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

First thing that comes to mind - did you take the baggies off suddenly? It helps to do it gradually.

I actually leave mine under propagation domes until a few weeks after I've split them up into individual pots. First they stay there because I'm too lazy, and then after I finally get around to splitting them up, they go back under because some of them have very few roots.

But anyway, when the mix is moist but not really wet, put them back into a baggie (maybe with the top slightly open) and new leaves should sprout soon.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

yes i took them out suddenly. thanks for the info. will put them back in half open baggies. thank goodness I have another batch i'm rooting. Won't make this mistake again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.