Hostas to trade for (named) Irises

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi all. Does anyone here have a hosta addiction as well as an iris addiction? I have TONS of hostas badly in need of a new home. A structure that cast shade on a certain part of my garden is now gone and they are all baking in the sun. Oh well...less room for hostas and more for irises!

Most of the hostas are named, although some have lost their tags. Some of the ones I need to get rid of include; Queen Josephine, Great Expectations, Thunderbolt, Revolution, Honey Bells, Golden Oriole, Blue Edger, Halcyon and Paul's Glory. These are HUGE, healthy hostas. Some of them are over 3 feet in diameter.

I am willing to trade for named irises or for postage. I am especially interested in Siberian and Japanese iris, but will also go for beardeds~ tall or small.

D-mail me if you're interested. These will be ready to go in September.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2005 9:32 AM

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I would love to have some for postage after you get your trading done. I don't have any named Iris big enough to trade as this is my first season.
Thanks
Winnie

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

sending you mail...........

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Sending Mail!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I just went out there to look again, and I also have; Albo Marginata, Bressingham Blue, Christmas Tree, Patriot, Serendipity and Golden Tiara.

I should add that most of these hostas are considered to be in the medium to extra large (except for Blue Edger, which is really little) classes...and that they also grow pretty fast.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2005 10:48 AM

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I would love to have Thunderbolt and Pauls Glory....I have a Pauls Glory but you need a magnifing glass to see it :)

charlotte

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I have named bearded irises to trade: Jesse's Song, Beverly Sills, Michigan Pride, Bright Warrior, Mary Frances, Pinkness, White Reprise, Well Endowed, Outrageous Fortune. Romie Stewart, Joyce Terry, Dawn of Change, Merry Madrigal, and Prissy Miss. I am interested in your hostas: Great Expectations, Revolution, Thunderbolt, Golden Oriole, Christmas Tree, Blue Edger, and Bressingham Blue. If you find irises on my list you would like to have, let's talk about trading.

Thanks,
Patricia

This message was edited Aug 4, 2005 6:55 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.