i luv this HEAT

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I know i have one more day to play in the pool and i cant wait!!!
Im praying for more of these 90 degree days...how bout you?

Fall will be here in NO time and then the snow will fly-ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Send me the HEAT i wont complain!!

Bridgman, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree, it doesn't get any better then this.

Anne

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Actually, I don't mind it at all. I was out in the garden all day Sat, & Sun after church until 9 or so (I bet I deadheaded at least 5000 spent cosmos blooms on Sat. My hands are garden-toughened, but I have blisters on my fingertips from working the deadheading tool.) ;o) Monday I got home from work early (3:00) & worked until 8. Last night was a light night - watered all the containers (which I do every day) & then had a nice cookout with the kids & GS. Tonight I watered & deadheaded containers.

Funny thing is - the cold doesn't bother me either. All I wear all winter long is a vest. I only had a coat on 2 times last winter & it was for winter tree classes at Dow Gardens in Midland both times.

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree! Everyone complains when we don't get warm weather, and then, they can't stand the heat. I say we are having a real summer. I love it.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I guess I'm the odd man out on this thread. I hate it when the temps climb over 90 degrees. I retreat to the air conditioning and do fun things like laundry in the basement. :) All garden chores are done very early in the morning. I wouldn't mind as much if we got a nice shower every other day or so.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the heat - it's the humidity that kills me!!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have to be another odd one in that the heat really bothers me. I attribute it to age. When I was younger I would sun bathe for hours, never bothered me. But as I get older, the harder it seems for me to be in the hot sun. Lower 80's temps are perfect, can't take those 90's anymore.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

During a horseback trip into the Laughing Mountains of Montana, The guides would come into the tent in the morning, throw a log on the shepherds stove to take the chill off the tent & rouse the occupants. The guide mentioned that he'd never seen anyone sleep in his underwear with the sleeping bag rolled down below the waist with 20* outside temperatures & it being little warmer in the tent - the water in the drinking bucket was frozen solid to the bottom. As a younger man, the heat would really wilt me. Anything much over 72* was too hot for me. In the last 10 years (or so) temperatures above 90 don't cause me to hardly miss a step. I'm perfectly happy to be out in the full sun all day long, as long as there is ample water to replace what's lost.

BTW We got .25 inch of blessed rain today & it looks like we could get some more (he hopes).

Al

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have to say I am with hemlady and loon above 80 and I am good for nothing. Today is great nice gentle rain expected all day today. My crunchie grass will appreciate it.
Sandy

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Boy you lucky people up north are getting all the rain. We get nothing down here, seems to go all around us.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

been cool and rainny here and i hate it!!!
cindy you can have any of my rain that may be on the way-will make signs:

rain detour to melvindale LOL ;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

no no don't listen to Dori if you take her rain you'll take my rain...

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll take it, send it down here. LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hush sandy-she can have my part of our rain and it can still get to your house ;)
its really kind of muggy 2nite and im luving it!!! :)
summer can stay n stay n stay.............
im not ready for fall-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL I am gonna come jump in your pool soon.. Yup muggy tonight if it would just rain then the muggy would go away :-) I must admit it is kinda nice. But my crunchie grass is making me crazy can't even go barefoot. How about a compromise rain at night only!!!

Hey did the zones change?? How come I am in 5A and your in 6A and we are only 5-10 miles apart??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

You're in 6a, Sandy. ;o) There is a very small "island" of 6a in a sea of 5b that takes in all of Bay City and parts of the county a little west & south of the bay. By the time you get too far west of Dori, you're back in 5b again.

Al

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Sandy you know me I try to stay as warm as I can!! but if you look at a zone map close we have this tiny area that is a tad warmer because of the Bay-and when the wind is NNE a tad COLDER! ;)

Al some days I think I'm on that border of 5/6!!! Im just trying to hang on to summer as long as I can!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.