"Leatherflower" clematis 'crispa'

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I just love all the leatherflowers, but especially the solid purple ones(pitcheri), and the white with purple ones(crispa) ...

This crispa was grown from seed and has a little more purple, than my others. My other crispas are a little more white...
This one even has variegated leaves!
...so I've been watching it for two years to see if the variegation continues...so far it has, for two straight years...
-T

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow, you lucky thing! I had some seeds for C. crispa, but none of mine were any good (too green). Variegated even!! Save a few for me, will ya? I've got some nice MG seeds I'll put aside for you...

:-)

hi Stacey-
I'm afraid the seeds were sown already.

This picture is kinda late. I was just clearing out my photos today, so I could burn them to cd and get some hard drive space back, lol...

They bloomed back in May, and around Junish, I sowed the seeds immediately...I'll let you know how they do...
-T

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love those smaller flowers! Very delicate looking. They add so much flair to the smaller blooming Clematis. These little ones shouldn't be over looked. IMHO!

I think they are quite charming little things, and a whole rose bush crawling with them is just gorgeous...they are one of my favorite clematis

They are like little tinker-bells, lol...
-T

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That's such a cute flower! I love the small flowered clematis.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.