Greetings from eastern PA!

Zionsville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello!

I'm fumbling my way through redoing the landscaping on a 20 year old house that we bought about 2 years ago (where did the time go?). We have been helped tremendously by the generosity of friends and family with amazing gardens (who also encouraged me to join DG). I am trying to stay focused on one area at a time, but sometimes I want to rip out all the old stuff immediately and just be done with it. I'm still learning to rectify the ideas with the time and effort they will take to implement!

In addition to gardening and my 9-5 gig, I keep busy by renovating the inside of the house (not much was done since it was first built - and it's impressive how much the early 80s were really 1970s style!), hiking, reading, and keeping our black lab out of trouble.

Looking forward to learning alot here!

-Sarah

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Welcome Sarah!

So good to have you here! I'm so glad that I'm the first to welcome you and that I was instrumental in having you join Dave's Garden.

The people are friendly and the trades are great but the advice and help that's available is like having a gardening library in your own home.

Have fun!

Arlene/pirl*

* Here's a photo of Sarah and her husband, Steve, packing their van with plants from our garden, this past Sunday!

Thumbnail by pirl
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Daves. Arlene has told me good things about you. I hope you settle in here and feel right at home immediately. Check out all the forums--one for almost anything you can think of. There are knowledgeable people in each forum to help you with any questions you have.

Wow, that's a vanload of plants you carried home from Arlene's! Will your hubby help you get them all settled in? You are so lucky to live near enough to visit Arlene. We became fast friends thru email and I'd love to visit her myself one day. But NY is a world away. Who knows, I might just head out that way one day and meet her as well as you.

Again, welcome to Daves.

NancyAnn

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi there, hope you have as much fun as I do, --Michael

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Sarah!

DG is a wonderful place to talk about everything related to gardening! Very knowledgeable and friendly people who are always more than willing to answer questions, trade plants/seeds, or just talk with you about common interests.

Hope to see you posting on the various forums available here!

Shirley

P.S. Lucky you! Getting all those wonderful plants from Arlene's garden. Happy planting!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Welcome from Pakistan Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!
You will enjoy here a lot becaue members are very helping and loving.
Kaleem

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello Sarah,

Arlene is organizing a welcoming party for you! She's good at organizing us all and we're very very glad.

So what did you get in that huge haul in the station wagon? Hosta, iris, daylilies?

Can't wait to see photos of your project. You should start them over on Curb Appeal and then we'll all go over and see. Arlene can't have all the fun.

My Aunt always called me Doss so that's the name I use here. So you won't have to remember it.

Welcome to DG! Any friend of Arlene's is a friend indeed.

(Zone 5b)

Hi Sarah - welcome to Daves Garden!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Daves Sarah so nice you got such beautiful plants.. happy planting...

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

sarahs - welcome to daves garden. like arlene i am also a new york gardener but i'm way upstate. have a blast here.

Sarah: if the hydrangeas wilt you can cut them back or go to the Hydrangea site and fall in love with 20 different ones!

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Sarah, and welcome to DG! I just know you'll have sooooo much fun here and find answers to all your questions! Everyone here at DG is ever so helpful and friendly! I was just in your neck of the woods on July 25; I was visiting my parents in Old Forge, PA, and we traveled down the PA Turnpike NE Extension on our way to Atlantic City! Once again, Welcome to DG!

Zionsville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. We've been busy planting the hydrangea, daylilies (lots and lots), irises, columbine, astilbe, and I'm sure there are more flowers I've forgotten. Everything seems to survive being packed in the car just fine. Last night we put in a new bed that will hopefully hide the ugly septic tank covers in the backyard. And I know what we'll be doing this weekend - bringing home loads of mulch from the township to spread around all the new plants.

I will definitely check out the curb appeal forum as we need lots of it!

-Sarah

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Sarah - Welcome to Daves! It is true you are going to love it here - best of all you already know a great gardener who loves to help - Pirl! I will help any way I can - Mitch

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi Sarah,
Welcome and have fun here!
A little birdie told me you might be interested in some iris's! Let me know and I'll get them off to you.
Louise

Sarah,

Just here to try and keep you on top of the list! The more people you meet the better!

Arlene

Hi Sarah,

Received your lovely thank you note today. We thank you and Steve for giving us more space and doing the work yourselves - a rare treat!

I forgot to give you hosta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please remind me next time. I also have tons of Siberian irises in dark blue for you.

Enjoy the plants and give Madison a smooch and a good scratch under the chin for me.

Arlene

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sarah's getting iris's!!!!!!!!!

Weegy, you're a gem!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pirl, you ain't so bad yoself! (blushing)

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome looks like your off to a good start!! Hope you enjoy I'm new to and having a good time ......Sharon

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome Sarah, and Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Sarah and may all your wishes come true!

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sarah!

Zionsville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

It was a great weekend - we were able to finish some projects (moving mulch onto the new beds and making progress on the bathroom renovation), as well as spend time relaxing and enjoying the cool of the AC, plus we got to hang out with my brother and future sister in law who came to visit (we showed off all our new plants to them).

-Sarah

Wow! A whole year later and another wish for another very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, from Southold, NY.

Pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.