So confused - front yard garden help!

Bellmore, NY(Zone 7b)

I have a very small front yard that needs help! I was thinking of planting an easy care variety of rose near the front left corner - roses are my favorites, my back yard is full of them! I was thinking of planting a narrow bed along the sidewalk and up the driveway extending out from the corner with the rose as a focal point. I want to plant spring bulbs along here, in between some low growing pernnials with nice bright colors - maybe some border lilies, campanula, or other bright flowers. The area gets pretty much full sun and has well drained soil, and the only problem it may have is that it gets pretty hot along the driveway and sidewalk in summer.

I was considering a Livin Easy shrub rose due to its hardiness and ease of care.

What do you all think? Would it be too big? I really love roses - gotta have em!! I live on Long Island, zone 7.

Thumbnail by cupoftea
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!