Fountain Pens & Pencils

(Zone 5b)

fountain pens, pencils, combos, inkwells, etc. Any other collectors out there?

The blue one in front is my very first fountain pen. I had to buy it in high school for my shorthand class and I came across it in my attic. I never heard of pen collecting until I mentioned it to a friend who is a collector, and the rest is history.

I had to pack them away for awhile so its been a long time since I even looked at them. I use a couple regularly, and a couple make me nervous just holding them because I'm afraid of dropping them. Many should probably go to ebay but I enjoy cleaning them and fixing the ones I know how. I even found some old shorthand magazines from the early 1900s a couple years back. So many different designs and filling types through the years. It's amazing how pens have changed. They started out so simple as quills and their designs have evolved some of them into such complicated machines.

Thumbnail by Cheryl_IL
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!