Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

here it is in full bloom differant than a lilly i'm use to seeing

Thumbnail by jerryhildebrand
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Very nice! Is this one named Eucomis?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

it was a freebee from a young woman who did not know more than she liked it

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I like them too. Mine are several years old.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

your plant is beautiful. may i ask do you leave it outside in the winter or is it in a pot and you bring it in. Im in zone 6 and not sure

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Pot and all resides in basement over the winter months. Every couple of years I repot to a larger size in the spring.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I got some white and some pink in trade this spring. Planted in shade with 2-3 of late afternoon sun and they have done great. I intend to leave them inground during our mild winters. jmorth, is your clump from 1 bulb? is it a fast multiplier? your clump is very pretty. My plants only put 1-2 flowers each

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I don't remember how many I initially started with, probably 3 or 5.
The photo above is a clump of 10 or 12. They were in a 10" pot for several years. This spring I transferred the whole clump as a clump into a larger pot, 14" I think. The references relate that they bloom best crowded.
This year I started an Eucomis Pole Evansii; it reputedly gets 3 - 6 feet tall. The foliage so far is a close leaf grouping pretty much straight up, 26" tall. No sign of the flower bud yet. When and if it flowers this year I'll probably post a pic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.