Acer palmatum 'Omure Yama'

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Here's a pic of my 'Omure Yama', commonly called the weeping willow maple. It grows upright but has weeping branches, so it will get much taller than the more common weeping cultivars such as Inabare Shidare or Waterfall. The leaves are green with a slight pink tint in summer but turn orange-yellow, rather than red, in the fall.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Very pretty. I especially like the pink leaves. Is that the new growth? Dotti

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

The pink tint is indeed on the new growth.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Todd,

that's a really exquisite specimen. I really envy your humidity when it comes to plants such as this.

fabulous,
don

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

An update....this is Omure Yama as of Oct. 22

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Todd, that is to die for. Well, there add's another one to my wish list of plants. My DH is already threatening to tear up the hard copy of the list and delete the list on the computer. Too many plants, too (way too) little money! (Sniffle!Sniffle!
Dotti

Edited to ask: Did you ever put this cultivar in the PF? I couldn't find it under the cultivar name. If you can't find it there either, will you please enter it? It's a tree well worth being there. Dotti

This message was edited Oct 22, 2005 1:17 PM

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

It's there under the wrong spelling....I just fixed it
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/75000/

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Todd. I had just gone through the list of Japanese Maples (looking for some of the other cultivars you mention) and found it. Hurried back to tell you to forget my edit and you had beat me to it. It's a beautiful tree, and so are the others on the other thread. By the way, if I may ask, how many Japanese Maples do you have? Dotti

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

My garden is small...I only have 11 JP along with a Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum' and A. pseudosieboldianum (JP wannabe's)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Omure Yama is really lovely - now where could I possibly put another Japanese Maple???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.