Nadi hibiscus

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Here's what I have that has bloomed so far. I didn't bother to keep the name she assigned to them because I know that wasn't what it was.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I actually like #5 but I know these aren't what they were supposed to be. And they are different. I still have about 7-8 more that hasn't bloomed yet.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2005 9:49 AM

central Arkansas, AR(Zone 7b)

They are kinda pretty, Georgiaredclay, but as I stated elsewhere, they pale in comparison to what we were supposed to get...and they are nowhere near worth what they cost.

I've been upset about my 4 'swamp mallows' and would really be gnashing my teeth if I had 14 of the rascals as you do. You're a good sport! :-))

Mary

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

I've grown a couple of those you have pictured, but they didn't do well for me. So I decided to experiment with some crosses and came up with some varieties that are much better growers. Here are pics of a couple that are crosses I developed last year. They bloomed for the first time this summer.

Thumbnail by NCplantsman
Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

Here is a new pink variety with a red center. It has soft fuzzy leaves too. I call it Hibiscus 'Dunmoyer Pink'

Thumbnail by NCplantsman
Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

Here is a large pink one measuring nearly 10" across.

Thumbnail by NCplantsman
Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Both of those are lovely. Dotti

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Plantsman they sure are nice hibiscus.
Mary make that 17 of those rascals. Sure makes me mad to think about it. I was surprised that they all weren't the same.

Osage City, KS(Zone 5b)

Georgiaredclay..... yours look about like mine..... I believe we ended up with "swamp mallows" and mine are all the same...... I try not to think about it ......

Plantsman - they are inspiring thanks for posting pics...

central Arkansas, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh my word, Georgiaredclay, and bless your heart..17 of them!! My 4 are all a little different, which surprised me also.

NCplantsman, those crosses are lovely...I'm especially partial to the red one.

It bothers me that she and the HumbleBumble were both Arkansas gals..tends to make me want to tippytoe around here, lest someone think it is 'catching'. (I promise it is not) lol

Mary

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Mary, strange that you should mentioned those two. I got to thinking and was wondering if they were in together some how. I did a search a couple of weeks ago to see how much distance was between where they lived. They lived considerable distance from each other.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ohh gee Jim, so I guess you wont be wanting any of my Disco Belle cuttings in the spring?? I can always supply more Rose Mallows if that's what they are :)

NC- those are really nice :)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.