My "Somethin Speeeeecial"

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Do you ever just go out hunting for that little somethin' special that you just gotta have? You know, you get this itch for something new and unusual, but you don't quite know what it is til you see it.

Today I had one of those itches. So shopping I went. I hit an expensive nursery first, thinking I wanted a wall fountain. But when I pulled up in the drive, I saw it, my somethin speeeeecial. There it was, big and bold, speaking to me. But alas it was out of my price range. This is one of the most expensive nurseries in town. So I left without buying a thing.

I then shopped Walmart, Lowes, Hobby Lobby, and nothing really special jumped out at me. I bought a few little things for a new orleans style terrace garden I'm making, but I started heading home, a little disappointed not to have gotten something special.

Then I remembered a warehouse I visit occasionally and headed off in that direction. As I pulled into a parking place directly in front of their store, I saw it again! My somethin' special! There it was, sitting right in front of my car, a whole slew of 'em! AND it had a companion! I jumped out to check the prices. $25 each! A bargain!!

My somethin special is an iron barstool. The back of the barstool is a man's face. The nursery had several fo these. But the nursery didn't have the companion, a barstool with a woman's face! The warehouse had both and I got the set cheaper than one chair would have cost me at the nursery.

Now you may not like them, but they just really struck me. I love artwork and they are definitely art. And I think they'll add a little Mardis Gras to my New Orleans terrace. What do you think?

Mr. Chair

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!