Organic Potting/Starting Mixes

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/PDF/potmix.pdf

scroll down to page 16 for four pages of recipes! very good info throughout though, well worth reading.

i was amazed at all the publications regarding sustainable growing that are available at this site. you don't have to print them all out, you can request them FREE from www.ATTRA.org or 1-800-346-9140 they want to hear from you!

This message was edited Aug 18, 2005 12:35 PM

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks! Very interesting and useful site.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

did i mention theses pubilications are FREE for the asking? no more using up your ink cartridges LOL

i have requested several. my first package came in the mail promptly, along with a letter of introduction, & an introductory publication, & a LIST of other FREE GARDENING/FARMING PUBLICATIONS!!!

if we don't use our free gov't services, they are at risk of having their funding yanked! go ahead, your tax dollars paid for it already!

tf

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

time to read this

tf

Sanford, FL(Zone 9b)

I was ask about six months ago to to try a new product that Turf Pro is coming out with. It is fine dry product that they are going to start marketing within the month. It comes from a natural deposit Humic Acid they are mining in South Center Georgia. The burn test they ran in pounds per ton and follows:
916 lbs water
55.40lbs Mineral Matter
1028.60lbs Lost by ignition

It has a carbon to nitrogen ratio on 25.63 to one.

The results I am getting on small potted starters of roses, orchids, bulbs and various types small bushes and trees has been fantastic. I am using a dried commercial type potting soil.

Port Lavaca, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, I will do some research on how to do organic gardening at that site. I keep sitting on the fence, I want to use organic methods, but then sometimes get peronoid with some insects or take the "easy way?" and use chemicals. I was so impressed when I found out that The Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio uses organic methods. If they can do it in a huge garden/nursery like that surely I can do it too.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Thanks for this info.I will contact them about getting their hand outs.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

just bumping this info up...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.