neon eggplant pics

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

just took these this morning. these are beautiful fruit

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this is the other one. i cannot believe how many fruits i have growing on each plant. most have 15 to 20 flowers on them. when i grew black beauties on only got 3 or 4 fruit on each plant.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

These are gorgeous - maybe I'll try this one next year. I did lavender touch this year.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

be glad to trade you some seeds. i have some neons left and maybe you can send me some lavender touch seeds. what do they look like?

e-mail me your name and address and i will send you the seeds if you want.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, those are just stunning!

I have a couple of small eggplant plants around the side of the house. They are just now blooming, haven't seen any eggplants yet.

Do they taste half as good as they look?

:-)

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

critter - don't know. first time i'm growing them. i asked on tghe vegetable gardening forum when i should pick them. was told when they are about 8 inches long and 3 inches around

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow! I don't think I'll miss them once they get stared!

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I picked ours young - couldn't wait! They were tasty grilled with oil & vinegar and S & P. I also found that the white eggplant skins are nowhere near as tough of the purple! Congrats to us HERBIE - we got past the flea beetles.

-Kim

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

HERBIE43, post those beauties here:

Eggplant 'Neon' (Solanum melongena var. esculentum) http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/62170/index.html

~* Robin

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

robin - i believe i removed them from my camera and computer and i have no idea how to get them where you suggested. if you know how to do it let me know, otherwise i will take swome more later this week.
frank

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Off the subject, but I know you'll forgive me Frank. I just found my first eggplant - Ichiban...sooooo cute!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

they must be great on the grill.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.