New pictures

(Zone 5b)

I had to stop and home depot today and couldn't resist. It looks like these just came in. I'll have to clean these up a bit The 2 little ones are minis I got back in March or April so I put them in the picture too. They're in a nice light spot at my window but still haven't bloomed again yet.

Thumbnail by Cheryl_IL
(Zone 5b)

I really like the dark leaves against the bright pink flowers on this one.

Thumbnail by Cheryl_IL
(Zone 5b)

And the wavy leaves on this one

Thumbnail by Cheryl_IL
(Zone 5b)

and the subtle edge on this one. Is this considered "variegated"?

Thumbnail by Cheryl_IL
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Oo Cheryl good finds!! I love that wavy foliage. The pink is a great color too! Thank you for posting pictures, I can't get enough of em!

(Zone 5b)

Thanks! with all the beautiful pictures you've all been posting I couldn't resist. These flowers aren't as awesome but I'll still like the foliage when they're gone :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congratulations -- you found some beauties!

On that third picture, I can't quite tell if it's the leaf or the flower that has the "subtle edge"... I think the wavy leaves with the light colored centers on the purple one would be considered "girl foliage," however.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Beautiful AV's...
The richeness of the color on the pink is very nice!

I love the second one with the true "girl foliage" and the deep purple flowers. I have one similar to it,too! Are the backsides of the leaf reddish purple color???

The variegated foliage is green and white or cream and usually flushes pink when it is about to bloom.
The flower is not varieageted but has what is called a "Geneva edge" , I think they have another name for it now too, but I don't rememeber what it is.

MsC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.