Off topic but I gotta share .......... ;-)

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Yayhooo !

Finally convinced Number One that we need a Hupertufa Forum .. TY Dave ;-)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/hypertufa/

Hypertufa is an artificial stone made from various aggregates bonded together using Portland cement.

It is popular for making garden ornaments, pots and land forms.

Hypertufa is relatively light compared with Terra cotta or Concrete and can withstand harsh winters,

at least down to -30C (-20F).

Party at my house ! ! ! !

Now can I rest ?

Nope , didn't think so ..... lol

edited to add link da dummy forgot in all the excitement .... lol

This message was edited Jul 30, 2005 4:58 PM

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

We went to a flower show in Little Rock this spring and I saw some hypertufa leaves--small ones--selling for $50 and $70!!! Man they were pretty. I'll attach pics of some that we saw.

So now my friend Gail and I are convinced we must use our elephant ears and hosta leaves to make some hypertufa leaves. Gail thinks my big basjoo banana leaves would be great hypertufa molds.

What else are you using? Got pictures of anything you've done? This intrigues me.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Another one.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

BFC, I'm so sorry ;'-(

I forgot to put in the addie for da Hypertufa Forum

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/hypertufa/

Please come over and visit.

Ya can TELL and ASK and SHOW or just chat about anything ..........

Just as anywhere else at DG you will find friends support or someone needing your advice.

I love dis place (((*-*)))

Those are some nice leaves , I have a feeling they are concrete because of the smoothness.

'Tufa usually is much more rustic looking.

Some tufa objects can be top coated but that could have obliterated almost all the detail here.IMO

one caution tho , start small until ya get the feel for working with it. Even pros sometimes ooops and break a big leaf.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

BC: I was just in the vegetable garden this morning and am now wondering how the huge cabbage leaves would do? Some have holes - do the leaves have to be perfect, without any blemishes?

Sorry but yes they shold be unblemished.

The plant sugars coming from any cut or wound will keep the crete or tufa from setting up.

That's why I have such a hard time finding nice musa leaves, our wind shreds them before they are fully unfurled ;'-(

Would it be possible (DON'T LAUGH) for me to duct tape the back of the holes?

if ya tape it where da crete will touch it, which is da only way to keep the juices off , you will get a marvelous casting of a leaf with an owie bandage.

Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.