starting seeds in the eb's

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

can i start seeds in the eb's using the same procedure as i do when i use them to plant established veggie plants.?

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

All except tomatos as they must be transplanted twice before final planting. This is done to strenghten the tomatos. Each time the plant is planted deeper and will grow a thick trunk with heavy branches if that is what they are called. If you don't do this you will have leggy plants and tomatos subject to sunscald. Not a pretty site. There really aren't any shortcuts to quality as far as I'm concerned. It is worth the extra effort when you can stand back and say "I grew them from seed."

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tplant - know about the tomatoes. i was thinking more like sugar snap peas or green beans for next season. thanks

Go for it !

Kearny, NJ(Zone 7a)

Herbie...I direct seeded 3 EB's each with cucumbers and summer squash this year and they all turned out great. I'm sure peas or beans would work fine also.

Rich

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

i'm relatively new to this site. What's an "EB"?

Ann

ViolaAnn go to www.earthbox.com for a complete description.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I DID see that discussion. Just haven't yet learned what all the abbreviations are on this site. Has anyone put up a page with definitions for those who are new? ;-)

Ann

Ann use the hyperlink above. It will answer all your questions. Let me know what you think ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.