variegated porcelain berry

Capistrano Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I want to train this vine over a tree branch and around a white paper lantern i have hanging in the vicinity... do you think it will streatch all the way over this branch with only as much soil as is in the pot i have them in? There're 4 vines in this 1 pot.

Thumbnail by naien

THe leaf shape combined with the 'paint splatter' variegation makes this one of my favorite vines.

Thumbnail by naien
Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Naien...I don't know about your area but mine would not last long in a pot.
This is a very fast grower for me....see pic below (this was one vine put in last summer!)
Also the birds love the beautiful turquoise berries that develop in the fall so I have lots of little seedings all over.
I suspect in Zone 9b this little guy will grow like a weed. Is there any way it can be planted in the ground and then trained as you wish?

Thumbnail by FlamingoCarole

wow. i wish mine looked like that. i don't want to put it in the ground because i intend to put something else under that tree. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I cut mine to the ground each spring and already by now it has covered over 20 feet of chainlink fence..It would go lots further but I keep it trimmed at the gate..I sure wouldn't think you'd need 4 of these to any size pot...They are super growers..

Larkie

thanks for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.