Sunflowers for a wedding

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I'm trying to find someone who grows sunflowers in Mason County. Would need either names, locations, or - what a blessing a phone # would be. I have a friend who wants some sunflowers for her wedding August 13th. Anyone have any info?

Al

Bancroft, MI

You might try a 'want ad' in your local paper. With luck you will get responses from other local gardeners that have them in bloom. Want ads run pretty cheap here (maybe $10 - $15) or try the farmer's market.

Hope it helps

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

tapla.......You may just want to check the chamber of commerce there....here in Arenac County there are fields and fields of sunflowers growing....and I am sure if you ask a farmer, picking a some is not going to put a dent in his crop....

Good Luck....

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Dean. Remember the hill I referred to south of AuGres? - Vaughn Hill? I was up your way Friday PM & noticed the field at the top of the hill. Didn't have time to cruise down Turner Road, or I just might have stopped to say Hi. They were looking for something a little closer to Mason County, but thanks for remembering me. Cheers.

Al

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Al.....guess you misunderstood what I was trying to say.....check with Mason county....they may have fields of sunflowers growing like they do here in Arenac....

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

al did your son win his race friday????
It was very nice to meet you and thanks for the pepper plant!!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I read too quickly, Deann. So sorry. Perhaps the Farm Bureau could put me on to a farmer growing sf's, too. Thanks again.

Dori - I just came in from about 6 hours of fertilizing everything in containers & a little deadheading. A little warm, but a beautiful day just the same. I was outside yesterday and today as the sun came up. Both mornings were simply luscious. I love mornings in Aug & Sep most. Hope you get some enjoyment from the pepper plant. If I wasn't in a rush & you'd have stayed longer, I'd have sent you home with a few more. I always have small containers with neat plants to give away. I'll look forward to next time. Al

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh - Son only took 3rd in the feature & got spun out in the Australian pursuit. In the heat race, he was second. Last week he won all three races. He's point leader at Dixie Motor Speedway.

Al

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.