Scrounge Art

Starkville, MS

How many of you practice the fine art of scrounging? I'm not talking about those fabulous finds at yard sales and flea markets that you got for a dollar. Or the four-footed furries that end up costing us an arm and a leg at the vet, but we wouldn't give up for a million bucks. I'm talking - driving along and there on the side of the road beside someone's dumpster, or the piece of junk that your neighbor/friend/sister/whoever unloads on you - scrounging!

Well head - 0 dollars; spout - 0dollars, donated by sister and fiddled with to make fit 'cause it isn't actually the right style; old moss covered bricks - 0 dollars, picked up from old house site down the road; liner for pool - left over from big pool in the back yard; fountain pump 30.00 dollars, ebay. Voila! Cool place for the fish (5) and the bullfrogs (4 for sure and probably more) to hang out.

I have many more examples but the camera battery got to hungry, so its getting supper right now.
Come on ya'll, show us your treasures!

Thumbnail by tgif
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!