Anyone know about this greenhouse?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Went to an open garden today and saw this greenhouse. They said they purchased it from Sam's Club...but just put it up this summer. I am wondering if anyone knows how it would winter in zone 5? It's a very sturdy looking vinyl of some type. Cute as can be...but practical???????

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

I saw it in the store. It is really cute, but I thought the price was outrageous.

Lake Villa, IL(Zone 5a)

I agree, the price is very high. I'm not sure about the 'plastic' shed and how well it ages. If something happens (like cracking or damage due to reckless weed wacking husbands) there is no fixing it. . . is there? I prefer wooden shed and structures but love the style of this one. Does anyone know of a wooden version? Know of plans or a place to purchase plans? I'd love to get a greenhouse/shed structure out back.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

well...can u tell me approximately..the price? I have no idea?

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Marcy I think it was about $2800. It would be great if you need both shed and greenhousein the same spot but I am thinking that your actualy greenhouse space would be limited. I would rather have a real GH and attach a shed to the end for supplies. But thenI would rather have a 20X40 farmtek.. lol..sigh

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm afraid I don't remember how much it was. I tried to look it up at Sam's website, but can't find it anymore. I just remember looking at the price tag and thinking No Way!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think they are about $2000. I have a link to them on a thread somewhere down the line. I will have to search my posts. I don't think you would want it to over winter plants in. I think it's best purpose would be for potting plants and maybe getting a bit of a jump on the season. A local nursery uses one to hold extra pots.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here you go doll! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/480789/

Oh, I am looking at houses again. LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Welll..thanks everyone! I thought too...it wasn't really what I wanted...LOL. I have a big potting shed...so don't need that part. I probably wouldn't be wintering over plants. Hubby says it costs too much to heat a greenhouse. But I would use it in the late winter and early spring to get a jump start on things.
Hey Michele...house hunting again huh???? I'll look around for ya!!!
Thanks again everyone for replying!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I have my eye on one in Lynchburg. I am waiting for an answer from the bank. :)

Have you given any more thought to getting the Rion and putting it on railroad ties? I believe you were worried about headroom.

Foley, AL

I have seen them being sold at sams for $1800 but not that nice looking

ely

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.