Helllppppp....my new 'garden'...

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

We (my son and I) will move into another bigger rental house september first. My son (21) has a authistic disorder so we needed more bedroomspace because that's the place he mostly is. OMG there's so much to do and look how my garden looks here. The house is build in 1907 but has just been renovated...so it's painting and painting...flooring and curtains...bot oooooh my beautifull garden that I leave behind. This garden is 100m2 bigger though. Is anyone familiar with magnolia...the tree right is a magnolia..will it grow big and give rootsuckers all over the garden...? Otherwise it can stay after hard pruning.
Please...some words of comfort and couragement...
Philomel how did you do this ?

Thumbnail by saya
Blenheim, New Zealand

Saya, you will be okay. since I have been growing plants from seed I have had to shift twice. You will have your place beautiful in no time at all , and I will send seed . as a moving thing,, of any that you might like, I have a lot of plants that have been given, I also give lots too.
regards Valarie

...I 'm over the big shock now ...got used to the idea housemoving at all...I'm back on my feet again LOL Hey ..I 've experienced your generousity allready..I know you're a kind and giving person and a great gardenfriend. Thanks Valerie !
The garden is about 300 m2 and for Dutch standards it's big. Space for houses is limited overhere. I 'm now planning to make that gravel garden we've talked about earlier :)
My new house is in the same street as my old house...only 5 minutes walk from it...so it'll be easier to move our stuff and of course my plants. The magnolia is probably Magnolia x soulangeana and the flowers have a nice scent. It is still giving flowers now, but the big flush is in spring. I 'll keep it and it will be trimmed...I 'll inform you about the progress my new garden will make. Thanks again !

Blenheim, New Zealand

I am glad you are over the shock, the magnolia will look great limbed up ,I will be nice to watch your progress, when you have the time let me know what seeds you might like,

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Good luck with your move Saya. I bet you find you enjoy having a bigger garden once you get into it. Think of it as an empty canvas you can start filling as you like... I'm sure the extra bedroom space will be very important to your son too.
Hugs,
Maggi xxxx

Thanks for your kind words Maggi. My son will get 6 x more bedroomspace..he 'll have enough space now in his 36m2 bedroom :)
Yesterday he visited our new home for the first time. He allready has seen some pics of it. Major changes like this is very difficult for him to deal with, he seems to deal very well with it now...he liked his new room and the space. We take one step at a time..go slowly in this moving process. He was shocked about the garden too, but I 've told him it 'll be looking pretty next year again. He felt so sorry for me and I told him just what you say...that it's like a challenging empty canvas. Most of my plants will move to my new garden ...
Hugs for you too.
Lenne.

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Best of luck to you and your son, Lenne! I wish I had such a BIG empty canvas to work on! LOLOL

I'm sure your son will be delighted to see the garden go back to life and his mom looking happy about it!

Love

MyHiraeth

Thanks MyHiraeth for your kind words ! Yes..my son is happy about that..He only takes little peeps into it ...while rubbing his hands in excitement...and with a big smile.. He looks at the progress and it's major.. he 's happy about that ..also for me.. The garden..the neighbours.. it's still so strange for him..so he only stays in the garden for a short time...but the times are getting longer..I' ve used all of the old tiles for little walls around the borders. The magnolia is trimmed last september. There were lots of old trunks..they are removed now..Around the terrace there's a new wall and new stairs and off course I 've placed a new garden fence for some privacy. Overhere in Netherlands gardenspace is very limited..so I'm very happy with the space I have now.
MyHiraeth ...welcome in Daves Garden..and on this forum. I'm so sorry for your beautifull country ..and also in Spain..to hear about the forrest-fires.. it's breaking my heart to see in the news the damage and the grief it causes ..

This message was edited Aug 9, 2006 12:39 PM

Thumbnail by saya
Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Oh, Lenne! You sure have had some serious work done in the yard! I love the way you've arranged it, and the new fence!
I'm really glad everything is coming along fine. I think there's nothing like nature to help us make sense of things and give us comfort! It's great that your son is getting used to new surroundings, step by step. All this must be a big challenge to you both!

Yes, Portugal and Spain have really been devastated by the fires. It's very sad to see everything black where there used to be grand old trees and greenery. And people losing their homes and their sources of income... Three years ago we had the worst summer I can remember. This year things are calm by comparison. Let's see if we can manage to get through August ok....

Thanks so much for your welcome! I' m really happy to be here! ;-)

Love

MyHiraeth

Saya wow it's really shaping up now! You'll have it blooming in no time I'm sure :)

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

That is a really attractive design Lenne and will look lovely planted up. The magnolia looks much better too with its trunk showing. I hope your son is getting used to everything now. Please show us the garden when you've started planting.

Best wishes,
Pat

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Saya, I can't send you plants, but I can send you seeds. You're welcome any I have. Just let me know when you are ready.

(Zone 5a)

Hello saya. Wow your garden is shaping up nicely! I love that design! Love the curvy lines! Hope to see it when it's planted up!
rannveig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.