Orienpet, "Scheherazade"

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Orienpet lilies are a combination of Oriental and Trumpet hybrids. They are bred to be very fragrant, strong colors and re-bloomers.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Her "best" side...

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I grew this lily for the first time this year and loved it! It was so strong and tall for a first year lily I can't wait to see what it does next year. I have 7 varieties of Orienpets now and I'm loving them. They have such indescribable colors; I now understand why some sources have trouble describing them. The blooms and buds are all broken off my 'Sheherezade's because a large tree fell into my cottage garden a few days ago, so I'm enjoying your pics. Thank goodness the 'Red Hot' s were untouched by the tree-they are beautiful now.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

these are mine (now fallen over from storm) but i did not think it was an orienpet...mine are 8 feet tall.

Thumbnail by levilyla

gemini_sage: So sorry to hear that the blooms and buds are broken off of your "Sheherezade". The same thing happened to me with another Lily. I found it laying on the ground. I brought it into the house and put it in a vase. Now, it's perfuming my house!

levilyla: Yours is gorgeous! 8 ft. tall Lilies are incredible!!! What do you feed them?

Yes, "Sheherezade" is classified as an Orienpet Lily. Here is a link to read more about them. http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/orienpet_2.html

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks...I learn something every day.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

I have several Scheherazades that were planted a little late, so they are not very tall, I had to practically lay on the ground to get this shot. I absolutely love it.

Thumbnail by Tree_Climber

Very nice, Tree_Climber! You were able to capture the lovely blue sky as the backdrop for your beautiful bloom!!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Shirley,
too bad I also caught my silver truck ....... LOL

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Oh shirley what a beautiful lily Robin

Thanks so much for looking!!

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous, Shirley. I was just shopping on the Lily Garden site and saw Scherezade as a double listing in their favorites. Couple that with your lovely bloom pics and I think I'll have to go right back and order her. Thanks for sharing.

You won't go wrong ordering this beautiful Lily!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I am order 5 for $20 from Brent and Becky's tonight.

That's a great price!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Brent & Becky's? Link? I'd love to order a few for my garden too!

Here you go, Wanda.
www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank You! I deserve a treat today--I've been very , very good...

Your welcome! :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.