Brown in it's true garden glory!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's a few that are in my garden. Okay so they vary into the tan range but hey isn't that the true beauty of brown. It goes with anything.

HUCKLEBERRY FUDGE. MMM mmm good.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's an historic that I consider brown but could maybe fall into the oranges. COPPER LUSTRE

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

And here's a tan that lives up to it's name, FRAGRANT CLOUD

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Here's a great little SDB...'Death By Chocolate'!

Thumbnail by flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

How about 'Different Flavors'....it's browner in person.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Here's 'Cafe Ole'...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

The falls on 'Coffee Whispers' remind me of coffee with cream....

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Ohhhh, love Coffee Whispers. Reminds me of Java Dove only with more ruffles. JAVA DOVE

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Wonderful colors & so unusual!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

TANTARA is a wonderful brown combination in an SDB.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE continues the theme in SDB.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Let's not forget SDB, CHOCOLATE SWIRL.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Big brother, IB, BIT OF CHOCOLATE.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

TB, LADY FIRE wasn't tough enough to last here, but I wish she had. She was a delicious brown.

Thumbnail by laurief
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

all are very beautiful !!

Utica, MI(Zone 6b)

I never knew there were brown flowers, let alone iris' and so many varieties....beatuful guys! the huckleberry fudge i just have to get!! where do you find such unique colors?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Here's a link to where you can purchase 'Huckleberry Fudge' and other nice irises!

http://www.cooleysgardens.com/

How dare they name an iris after chocolate or fudge? Sounds like a double addiction...

Thornbird is sort of a wierd brown color...

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

How about Tobacco Land?

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I need to get Bit of Chocolate and Death by Chocolate. But how about this DUTCH CHOCOLATE?

My goodness!!!!! Tow of my weaknesses in one place? it's a cruel world.

Pacific, MO(Zone 5a)

OMG..they come in borwn and CHOCOLATE toooooo!!!!!!
I gotta get some of that

Mary

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

Elizabeth,

I received your package today and THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the wonderful trade, and for the extra iris that you included. I didn't have them, and I'm looking forward in trading with you again !

Annie

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Annie.... Her packages are amazing arent they...

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Annie/Charlotte -- thanks for the compliments!

Mary -- I understand one or two actually have a chocolate scent but I'm not sure which ones they were. If someone knows, please tell me. I've got enough funds from auctions to get another order together from somewhere and maybe can get the one that smells like chocolate and surround it with a path of hershey's cocoa bean mulch! LOL. Then I can have a chocolate bar break (you know the all american one!) with my coffee and gaze upon my chocolate irises! That's sounds like too much fun!

Roni

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

okay Roni....we need to know why your NAME is Roni but you DG name is Elizabethtown. You know we want to call you... Elizabeth Town. :)

Lebanon, OR

Ok here is Death by Chocolate

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

The one I have that smells like chocolate first thing in the morning and the last at night is LIMELIGHT...

You know for a long time I did not have brown flowers but oh has that ever changed and I like to use them in my hybridizing along with RE...

Enjoy

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Roni is short for Rhonda. Elizabethtown... is name of future liscensed garden. Takes it's name from the original name of the city I live in which was named for founder's wife. Wanted something that suggested longevity. Besides I always wanted to name a daugther Elizabeth Rose but God had other plans with 4 healthy sons who are full of life and mischief! :)

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Well....see on Daves all things are possible...so now YOU will be Elizabeth but instead of Rose....we may call you....Elizabeth Iris :)

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

Roni -Elizabeth is a good name :O) :O) My mother like the name so much she named my sister Elizabeth Ann and then When I came along she of named me Annie Elizabeth.

Charlotta- Yes, Roni sends out great packages, I'm looking forward to in trading with her in the future.

I've said this before, please everyone keep those pictures coming, I really enjoy seeing them, and everynight when I come home I sit down with a cup of hot tea to unwind by looking at all of them.

Annie

This message was edited Jul 31, 2005 2:04 PM

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Wow, love these! Elizabethtown, do you know the name of that copperish one in the left bottom corner pic of huckleberry fudge? I think I smell a chocolate corner coming in my garden...

Neil, that's a great pic of Tobacco Land - too bad it's not named something else!!!

Flowerfrenzy - "Different Flavors" - all I can say is WOW!!!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Cait

That would be GINGERBREAD CASTLE. Here's a better pic of it. It's a ginger brown. Getting out your crayon box it's alot like burnt sienna.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2005 10:57 PM

Patina is called A "Brown"--but the color is just wierd & neat.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.