Did someone say "Yellow"?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

There is nothing like a bright spot of yellow to make your garden stand out! My favorite? hmmm--that's hard to pick. How about "Radiant Apogee" TB ?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Ola Kala TB shines out like brilliant spotlight in the back of the yard. An oldie but a goodie!

Baby Blessed is a little dwarf that blesses me with blooms spring & fall. Soft color and dainty!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

My best TB performer, hands down, is HARVEST OF MEMORIES.

Thumbnail by laurief
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

How about 'Honey House'? It's an interesting combination of yellows:

Thumbnail by flowerfrenzy

Excellent yellow , Laurie!

Does this one count as a yellow? Rustic Cedar took a couple of years to get established, but was outstanding this spring!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Another good one, 'Tuscan Villa'

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I think 'Yearling' could count as yellow, although it's very pale yellow with a hint of pink:

Honey House? New to me & great to look at!

Bride's Halo bloomed heavily last Spring and last Fall from August thru frost and into October! I hope to see it again soon as reblooming season approaches...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Honey House is a newer iris from Barry Blyth. I'm weak when it comes to his introductions!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

OOOOO double AAAAHHHH for HONEY HOUSE. It's so lacy. My favorite yellow so far is SUNSHINE AND SNOW but then I didn't have many yellows until I placed my orders. This year Overjoyed, Sun Fun, and a few other bonuses fell into the yellow category unexpectedly.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown

An oldie but a goodie--look at the form of this Wedding Candles.

Little dwarf Urban Star is a soft yellow and brown--does that count?

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

My first yellow was Golden Glaze and I still love it. I'm adding more fancy ones this fall, but I still will love this one bestest. Sorry the picture is fuzzy. This was with my "old" camera. I'll try another picture.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2005 12:52 AM

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Let's see if this is any better. Looking back now at the picture, I remember that this was the first year it bloomed. Now they are much taller and the flowers are really big.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2005 12:55 AM

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Lebanon, OR

How about a yellow rebloomer

July Yellow

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Nice one, Dee!

I bet that yellow rebloomer glows in your late summer garden!

Sunshine Boy is an handsome Intermdiate. Big blooms, but short.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is 'Lacy Moon'. A small sized bloom but the color and texture are wow. It need to be in a place that you can enjoy it up close.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And while I totally agree with Laurie (of course :-)) about Harvest - which is the workhorse of my garden and the one I would chose to keep if I had to have just one - this is 'Light Beam'.

Thumbnail by doss

Mister Roberts is a brilliant yellow dwarf. Such fun to have THIS color early when most of the garden is sleeping...

Timeless Beauty is 1/2 yellow. Does that count?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Oh wow how could I forget to put this one in. It blooms here in late September as well as spring. CORNHUSKER AUTUMN.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown

Harlow Gold is an Intermediate that likes to outshine my daffoldils in it's yellow purity.

Gay Paree is a soft butter yellow & white with bright orange beard.Gotta love that old form!

Sea Monster is a dwarf that has stolen my heart! It's early & blooms it's little heart out!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.