philomel ......

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Best wishes and a big bear hug,

Ursula

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Thank you Ursula and a big hug back to you :)

I do hope your DG trip goes very well. A shame I can't come......

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday from me too.
Maggi xxxx

Thanks Maggi! I will be in touch....

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you.....Happy Birthday dear Philomel....Happy Birthday to you! Hip Hip Hip Hurray !
XXXX

Lenne

oopppsss may I say a very belated or extremely early Happy Birthday Philomel!

LOL Baa, thank you very much for the wishes :)

............oh, and thank you very much for yours too saya - I missed your post, sorry. Hope you are well up there in the Netherlands

and I don't know where the time goes, I will be in touch Maggi, sorry to be such a poor pen pal.....

Philomel,don't worry. I'm sure you're busy. Nice to know you're thinking of me anyway.
Maggi xxxx

It's the season with gites full and my son and family are arriving later today - stream of visitors etc

However, autumn goes on for ever here - perhaps we can meet up later to visit gardens/nurseries? There are several good nurseries I'm told near Bayonne and a rare plant fair at Gaujacq where there is also a good nursery
http://www.thoby.com/francais/plantar.htm
Would that be too far for you?

I shall be needing to get plants soon when the weather cools a bit. Gardening is very seasonal here isn't it? Much more so than in the UK.....

Philomel, Gaujacq would be perfect- it's a place I've been wanting to visit for a long time, and now I'm especially interested in getting a couple of clematis...
Let me know when things have got quieter for you and we'll arrange it.
Hope you enjoy having your family to stay.
Maggi xxxx

The plant fair is 9th and 10th october, so we can meet up then perhaps if not before. I have another couple of friends who may like to come :)

Thanks for your wishes, they had a very good trip down and I'm sure we'll be getting up to some good things........

Right, 9th Oct. is marked on my calendar now...it's a Sunday so I should be able to make it. I'll ask one or two plant-loving friends if they're interested in coming too.
Maggi xxxx

This message was edited Aug 15, 2005 11:33 PM

They should have a lot of Camellia sasanqua varieties too - the ones that flower in the autumn and are scented.
I've found they grow very well where I am - toerating the summer heat and dryness very well and giving a lovely display of fragrant flowers at a rather alternative time of year ;)

Last year I found a lot on offer in various garden centres, so may not be buying, but it will be interesting to see different named ones.....

Oooh, stop it Philomel! Now I shall have to buy a camellia or two too!

LOL *wicked grin*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.