GOD blessed us with rain today!!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Only 1/4" but that was so welcome and will do more good then a whole morning of watering. It has been hot and humid the past couple days and periods of overcast, breezy and not too hot for a couple hours now and again. We have lived thru worse. But for only the 3rd or 4th year I can remember I am perspiring this summer. I meaning running down my face and into my eyes kind of perspiring. That is not 'normal' for me. I seldom even get damp. Just headachey and sick feeling.

I sprayed grasses and weeds then for insects at the cafe' today. I got there about 10:30 and it still wasn't too terribly hot. Dale came out and told me to come inside about 1:30 because it had gotten quite hot and humid. I was ready to come in anyway as I had started getting dizzy when I stood up. I cut off a lot of castor bean plants that had really small root systems and were leaning over badly. A hard wind would have laid them on top of the poor canna plants. There is now more sunlight on the canna which they need. It does look quite bare in the middle part of the bed as I took all of those cb plants out. They fed me a nice lunch and let me have some items from the convenience store without paying for them. I don't charge them for this kind of work and they appreciate it.

I think I'll take the little soft ball I got for Skyler down to him. I'll keep one up here for him to play with when he is here. Then it will go to his house.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!