Top veiw

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Side view

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

I really like that one, it's lovely.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes that one is realllllly red in color!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Very pretty!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Here is one close to yours.

Yours is gorgeous, what is your secret??? Please don't tell me it's the rain you have been getting.

Linda

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

What rain!
Only rain were getting is 100* sunrays!!!
I have that one also thanks To Marcy 1!
Which is where I got the red one too!!!
Marcy is yours blooming yet?

I have been having the same kind of rain that you have been receiving Tropicman. I heard somewhere today we are having a cold front for today. Maybe rain, I will believe it when I see it.

Linda

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey Don...yes..both of mine have been blooming too! We have the 100 degrees here too..but supposed to cool down tonight..with a thunderstorm...and be in the 70's tomorrow..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Linda,well cool now 68*,rain?? What rain,nothing but a mist all day here,still had to water my potted plants!!!!

Marcy,its coming,hope you get some rain!!!

yep, we just got a few sprinkles, the temp here today has been 85 degrees. I really liked that. DH just came in from outside and said we were getting some more sprinkles. Whatever happen to the good ole rain showers, the soaking kind? I will be going out a little later and watering the plants in pots also. Unless we get some rain in the next hour. Is that a joke or what. Our temp right now is 74. Gotta love it.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

68* here,yes love it!Had to shut the doors on the greenhouse felt cold
in there!!!Even turned off a couple fans!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well..so far..our showers consisted of about 12 raindrops!!! But it has cooled down some..not sure to what? I had to water too!

No watering tonight it started sprinkling about 7 and has been doing it since. Not a lot of rain but enough to get out of watering tonight. Sure would like to see it continue through the night.

Linda

Wichita, KS

Beautiful, Don :-)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Nikki,you get any measureble rain on your side of town???
Linda,that means you'll be watering first thing in the morning!!!LOL
Cool 80* tomorrow!!!

No I didn't have to water this morning, everything still pretty wet. But I imagine I will be hard at it this evening. But if it stays as nice all day as it is right now, I may be able to get by until tomorrow morning. Sure did enjoy what rain we got. I would really like to get more. I'm not greedy at all you understand. LOL

We have rural water here and my water bill for July was a little over $100. I said something to my DH about getting the well back up and running. He said it would cost to much to do it. But I remember when we were on well water, all my plants foliage were deep green and always so bushy. I know they loved it. My BIL was always so jealous of my tomato plants, because they were so big and bushy. Our water must have had a lot of mag. in it, or something.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

So true,I have a well,and glad I do,its a shallow well only 24 ft deep,I
made a plastic sandpoint,took pvc pipe drilled like a thousand holes,stuffed it with that nlyon door screen material,since I sand bucketed the hole there was no driving,anyway water level is at 11 ft,that was 18 yrs ago,and it hasn't clogged yetIt was 61* this morning in the greenhouse,really nice!!!

I went out at 7:30 to start my feeding of the Brugs and Hibiscus. I had on shorts, tank top and thongs. I turned my fanny around and went to the closet and got a light jacket. It was 57 degrees and I was cold. Isn't this the greatest weather especially since Aug. starts Monday. The way all the flowers look I think they are enjoying the cool as well.

I remember the first time we moved to the country. It was 35 years ago, had three small boys, and of course DH. Came home from work cooked dinner gave the boys there bath stuck them in bed and decided to go wash a load of clothes. Ran out of water. I stood there with my mouth open I didn't know what to do, so I sat down and cried. I had never ran out of water before being a city girl. I was ready to move back to town. Then the landlord dug another well and never ran out from then on. We own the 18 acres we have now and always had a good well here. Then the rural water came through and that's what we have now. Our water wasn't the best to drink. It also made my clothes turn grey. We had to carry water from town for drinking. But I always had the most beautiful garden and flowers.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Which direction out of town do you live,haven't been to Winfield since the 70's.
I only use the well water for my plants,but it sure helps on the water bill!!

I live 6 miles east of Winfield, on the old CC1 about 1 1/2 miles south of 160.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Reason why I asked,I use to drive the shortcut from Udall,and would always pass this farm house that had a corner second story tower,that was round like a castle tower,house was on the west side of the dirt road,before the curve ahead.
Just was wondering if it was still there.

I guess I am not familiar with that farm house.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Ok,well lastime I was back that way in the 70's and I believe they painted the house purple!!!

The next time I go to Wichita I will take that route look for it and then I will give you a update on the house.

Linda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,I always loved that house,very Victorian!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.