Welcome DebbiesDaisy! (Horseshoe's Sister!!)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy Folks!

A couple months ago I was re-united with a long lost sister (thanks to the Internet World!) I hadn't seen her since she was in diapers! We've been having the greatest time catching up and it turns out that in spite of not growing up together we have so much in common! (That in itself is a cross between uncanny and exciting!)

Of course you know she just had to hear about DG and all the fine folks here, eh?

She became a subscriber yesterday! Yay! ALSO, today is her BIRTHDAY!

And now for your pleasure ladies and gents, I present to you, my sister Debbie!

Welcome to DG! And..

♫♫Happy Birthday To Youu.... ♫♫ Happy Birthday to Youuuu....!!! ♫♫

N., CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome, Debbie and Happy Birthday! And..
Congrats to both of you for reconnecting. Isn't the internet wonderful?

Crossville, TN

OH Debbie...I'm so glad you and 'Shoe have found each other!! He is a GREAT guy and I know you must be like him in many ways....can you tell stories as good as him?

You will love it here in The Garden...and you'll make lots of new friends...and I hope to be among them!!! I may meet you in person one of these days...HEY! I might have a cousin living close to you. LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey Debbie,
I was watching for this announcement. Welcome to DG. I know you will love it. Folks I have had the chance to talk to Debbie some and she and shoe are so much alike it’s not hard to tell they are related. Looking forward to chatting with you again soon.

Happy Birthday hope you have a great day.

Lyndonville, NY

My thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome! I truely appreciate it and it made my birthday even brighter! Must tell you the greatest gift was finding "Shoe" after all these years, and yes...before both of us are back in diapers again! I will get you for that one day dear brother!

As for stories, I suppose I can tell a few, I have this uncanny thing for getting into situations with animals that can turn out to be quite a hoot. I will have to write about them sometime.

I look forward to getting to know all of you here on DG. Mystic, it is great seeing a familiar name there also! And thanks for looking out for that brother of mine! haha

Enjoy your day everyone

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Isn't this just grand ! :)

Welcome Debbie and Happy Birthday and again WOW ! So glad to have you here with us.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Welcome!

Waving wildly from West KY!

You've got a great brother, and we're so glad that you have joined us too. I have to count Shoe on my 'short list' of dear friends...and I hope to get to know you as well.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy Mel! We're gonna have to get Debbie to a Round Up sometime, eh!?

I'll cook the campfire marshmallows!

Thanks to all ya'll folks for welcoming "da Sista"! Ya'll are the best!

RachaelBee, to me you are also a "newbie"...please accept this hearty WELCOME to DG also! Hope to see you around the site!

Hey Debbie...See YOU around the site also! And please, just don't tell them about the time a crocagator at Jigg's Landing bit my diaper off and I ran all the way to the County Courthouse just to make sure I was still listed as being officially respectable. (Heck, I had to go check...I was only 16 and wanted to make sure I could go thru life in a somewhat respectable manner!)

See ya'll!
Happy Day, Folks!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hey! wow! that is great!

hello Debbie! welcome, welcome, welcome!
What a treat for us! Two Shoes! Now we have a matching pair...

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL Shoe. Welcome Debbie. You will love it here.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome Debbie, I'm so proud you and shoe found each other again.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Well hello there Debbie. So nice to meet you and welcome to our DG family. I've been lucky to meet your brother at one of the RU's and was glad I did. He is one of a kind and we love him around here. I hope to see you around the forums more.

Shoe ....You sure this isn't one of your stories????? lol

Donna

(Zone 5b)

Hi Debbie - Welcome to DavesGarden! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Congratulations to you both!!!

Lyndonville, NY

WoW, thanks again for all the warm welcomes and birthday wishes!

SoCal...I promise this isn't one of his stories, and I am learning about his stories!

Any stories ya'll would love to share with me about my brother so I can get to know him better (and hold over his head for later years of sisterly torment) would greatly be appreciated! haha

The same goes for pictures if you have any to share of the Shoe and his family! Would love to see them.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and wishes,
Have a Splendiforus day!
Debbie

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Debbie... what a wonderful thing to re-connect after such a long time! We all love Shoe and no doubt will love you as well.

Welcome to DG, and Happy Birthday!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

How cool is that????? Happy belated! This site has had by FAR more effect on my gardening/friendship making than I could have imagined! Not to mention all the gorgeous plants in my yard!

I had a nice crop of garlic this Spring thanks to just a smidgen of advice from Shoe last fall!

Welcome!

Nicole

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

OK Debbie, I can't help myself....this still makes me laugh every time :)

Your Bro at Thanksgiving ;)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/409450/

Crossville, TN

Dea...that was a "classic" for sure...Debbie...how about this one? Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi, Debbie!

It's great to see more family on here. My mom (Lotusblossom) is a subscriber, as is my husband (Howie). My aunt (Whiterose) is a subscriber, too, though she's very busy and doesn't post anymore. She mostly lurks to see what mom and I are up to, I think!

We'll forgive you for being Shoe's sister...

*Sigh* It's not your fault.

Just kidding, we love Shoe. He's a gem. A rose by any other name...Woah, wait, that doesn't apply!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Lyndonville, NY

Oh I have never laughed so much after reading those! And my word, there is a family resemblance in our pics! I gotta find one to post on here of me. Wait til the kids read the turkey one, I was afraid he had put the peacock in the oven at first.

Thanks so much for sharing those with me, truely appreciated!
Debbie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Well, kinda like potato chips - just one more :) This was almost two years ago to the day - what a wonderful thread this was :)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/390559/

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

How about a shoedoo? Shoe has so many brains he is pushing his hair off his head. :) This one has never been posted before. It was taken earlier this year when we met at Vic's. Alex is fixing shoe up, sorry didn't get a picture of the purple toenails but I think they are around the site someplace. You might check out the roundups pictures forum too. There are some great pictures of Shoe and Alex there.

Thumbnail by mystic
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Peggy, that's so sweet but so hysterical at the same time! You go Alex :) Workin' the ol' guy into almost a lather :) Love this photo!!!!

Crossville, TN

Is that a "blue soda" in his hand? LOL Jo

Lyndonville, NY

Once again I have to say "WOW" my brother is an amazing man. Alex is one very lucky young lady to have a dad to create a Daughters Day for her, and to go do all that stuff. I got all teary reading it! And that hair-do! I will admit, ya needed some ribbons in there, big fluffy ones! Ya know, the guys in our family are so dang good looking they tend to hide under the hair to keep the women away, and those blue eyes!

Shoe, purple nail polish? Suppose you could blame that on getting sumthin dropped on your foot (again) but hey, like I said your one awesome Dad to let Alex do that.

I hope you all realize these are the first pictures I am seeing of Alex, Alexandra and Shoe (since he was a tiny boy in diapers being chased by a crockagator) and it means so much to me. Thank you!

I dont know if I am attaching this right, but this "should be" a pic of me and the DH (Paul) from May! Is there any resemblance in us? Let me know what ya think! haha....or maybe not!

Thanks again
Debbie

Lyndonville, NY

OK, so I goofed, let me try again!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hah! Great pic, Mystic! When Alex does that, all I can do is rest my head in my hand, sigh a big sigh, and go along with the flow! ( I have no choice!)

Dea!....Many many thanks for reviving those other threads...I re-read every single word in both of them! What a treat to relive them!

(And yes Jo/Roadrunner! I need that "blue soda" when Alex is attacking my head!)

Many thanks to all of ya for sharing with my new Sister! This seems to be a welcome treat for both of us.

Love ya!

Shoe!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here's one of my favorites...taken last year in Kentucky at the Roundup

Thumbnail by melody
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Mel, That REALLY is a GREAT photo! Thanks for sharing it again.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow! Now how'd Debbie's post/pic get put in there!? Snuck it in-between our other posts somehow!

Great pic, Debbie! (maybe I was posting when you were posting?)

You look SO YOUNG ! (and folks she is nearly half a century old!) (Er, uh, should I mention that?) :>)

Mel...I remember that pic like I was still there, feeling the warmth of that fire. I think you called it your MasterCard moment or something! (Great intro!)

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

What a cool thread! I am enjoying reading all this and Debbie you made me tear up when you mentioned these were the first pics you have seen of them. Wow

Lyndonville, NY

Almost half a century? Wow Shoe, thems fighten words I think! Half a century! Wow, I am speeding up the hill sounds like....BUT, I have 5 years to go! haha As the kids tell me, I am 1/2 way to 90!

I love the pictures you have all posted, and appreciate them so much! Love the one of Shoe by the fire at the round-up. Am I gonna get in trouble if I try and print them up here? Don't want that to happen, tend to get in enough trouble on my own!

Weather is finally giving us a break here, I had a good nights sleep as it cooled down! It has been over 90 for the last two weeks! I went out last night and watered my poor plants, I hope they pull through.

Everyone have a great day. And thanks again for the pics. Here is one of my young'ns who are growing up way to fast!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous youngin's Debbie!!

Crossville, TN

Lovely girls and a handsome son!

I would request anyone that posts a picture here to email the picture to you so you can print it out with the DG copyright on it...I'll send mine to you. Jo

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Debby!
Its so wonderful to have you here at DG! And what a great story! I am so glad yall were reunited! It sure makes the heart light!
I cant wait to hear this story in Shoe's voice! Just too wonderful! Im so happy for you 2! Isnt the internet amazing??

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Debbie, you're much prettier than Shoe. ;) It's so nice to see you and your family, too. This is Howie and me, taken a few months back:

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'll be more than happy to send you a copy of the campfire picture...several folks here have asked for it and I've been more than happy to comply.

I have a great photoprinter and would be honored to send you a 'Horseshoe Package'...got other goodies too...do you have a DVD player??? Yep...a DVD player...(Mel smugly smirks..)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

What a delightful thread. Welcome to DG, Debbie. You have one of the dearest brothers who ever lived. You will find folks who love Horseshoe all over the world and I think that everyone at DG must belong ot his fan club or would if he would let someone start one.. The man is one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world. I congratulate both of you on this wonderful happening. You are in for so much JOY as a result of this reunion. I look forward to reading more and more about this whole wonderful situation. Debbie you have a beautiful family (and Mama ain't bad either.)

All of The Kentucky Roundup Picture forums have got many pictures of Shoe. (I have saved all of them.) You should have a wonderful time looking at all of them. There are some beautiful pictures of Alex too.
Once again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you as time goes by.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

how in the world could i have missed this thread. i'm so happy for the both of you. debbie, where is lyndonville ny? i live in upstate new york. are we neighbors? lol.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

GW! You and Howie look as happy as a parakeet in a peach tree! Great pic!!

Now, a'hmm...Melody! You got a Shoe Pkg!? You been holding out on me, eh? And can you put pics on a DVD? (I thought those were for movies or sumpin'.) (Course now, I seem to remember you took a video once but claimed it didn't come out good...time to 'fess up!)

Elena, you flatter me...making my head swell up so big my hat if popping off. (Thanks for the kind words, though!) :>)

Hey Herbie...maybe you'll get to be the first DGer to meet Debbie, eh? Any Round Ups planned for up that way?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.