Kitten found in our backyard this morning...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Poor little baby. He is ill, so please don't enlarge the photo if it might disturb you. He's about 6-7 weeks old and is at the emergency vet right now. This photo was taken as we were preparing to leave for the vet this morning. We're all hoping for a positive outcome.

It's about 117 today and I have no idea how he got into our backyard. If things work out ok, we will pick him up from the emergency vet tomorrow for a stay at our daytime vet next week. Right now he's being treated for the URI, eye infection, and is getting fluids for dehydration. He's malnourished, covered with fleas and I'm having them do blood work and test for FLV. He has the bluest eyes and is a bit wild, but he calmed down a little and began the faintest purr while I talked to him at the vet.

...I just now talked to the vet while writing this...although the baby has the URI, is dehydrated and slightly anemic with some glucose and salt problems, his other tests came back ok and he's FLV negative. Good news.

Thumbnail by Desert_Dew
This thread has 341 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!