Pandora Vine

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I got this when I was down in Florida. I luv it! Can't wait for my var. Pandora one I bought at a nursery here in the city.
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Pretty flower!! I lost mine in winter time.. two years ago. :o(

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks. I'm hoping that it overwinters in the house well.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I live in Central Florida, and was wondering if anyone knew if this plant can take full FL sun, or does it need partial shade?

If it's a jasmine or allamanda type, it should do well in full sun, but it's so pretty I don't want to lose it!

So far, it's in the nursery pot on my lanai but I need to get it into the ground...eeek!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Deanna

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Hi, Deanna. It should be fun in full sun. Here is a link to for more info:
http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=PANDOREA_jasminoides

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

full sun is good for Pandora (or is it Pandorea?) anyway, I have mine planted in part sun and I notice less blooms though it grows well. So full sun is the way to go. I saw a variegated one today, which I should have grabbed.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2005 4:09 PM

I never have any picture-worthy vine, but today I thought this looked kinda pretty. This is my pandorea, which I potted and stuck it inside this dying tree. You can barely see some blooms. Still, that is more blooms than I got last year. Maybe next year will be even better.

Thumbnail by vossner
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Lovely aren't they? I have 4, a pink like yours, which is the only one to blooming yet, a pink with variegated leaves, a white, and supposedly a double pink. I will have to believe that one when I see it, I have never heard of it coming in a double form. I have them climbing up my patio legs with clematis and they get full sun. Next year they should all be blooming and it will be a wonderful show! :~)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very pretty, vossner! I also got a var. one early, early Spring. It hasn't bloomed yet and don't think it will before I have to bring it in. A double pink one would be awesome to see! I'll keep my fingers crossed for yah!

I'm not sure if it's clear enough in the pic, but mine is white with a red eye. I bought it when I was in my "everything with eye" phase. I wanted to do a bed of nothing but flowers with a dark eye, pretty soon it got boring. too many beautiful things out there.

a dbl would be something. I'm gonna google that to see what I come up with.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Well keep up posted on your success.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I will try to remember to post. But I can find nothing on a double pink so I don't have high expectiations. Only thing I can be sure of is that they are all Bower Vines. Only time will tell on the colors. :~)

Is there a trick to get them to flower? I have a couple in a container that I started from seed 3 years ago, lots of vines and leaves this year but no flowers. I had 2 or 3 last year, very late in the year.

Joseph

none that i would know of

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Joseph,
I grew mine from seed too, this being their 3rd year. I am just getting a couple flowers on my pink. So maybe age is the thing?

Thanks much, I will hang in there and do the waiting thing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.