Inula

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Here is a picture of my Inula magnifica.
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I think this is Inula ensifolia.

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Nice looking little perenniel there. Reminds me of helenium; the bloom that is. I would sure recommend it if you like this inula. I see see sea holly in your first photo too. Which one, do you know?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks. I'm not sure which one it is. I think I have two kinds.

Santa Barbara County, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice looking inulas! How tall are they? I've seen some magnificas that are simply enormous -- much too tall and wide for my little garden. The ensifolia looks smaller -- is it? And if so, will it stay that way? They're such happy looking flowers.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, terracotta. I haven't measured my magnificas but it probably is around 3 ft. The ensifolia is definitely smaller....very low to the ground. It is probably not even 6 inches tall.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Donna ~
Very pretty pics.....such happy, sunny flowers....just perfect for this time of year!! Are they in full sun?? I don't do a lot of yellow in my beds, but the ensifolia looks quite nice...:)

Jamie

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

Donna,very pretty flower.....another one to add to my want list. Maybe you'll have seeds to trade.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Jamie and Brenda. I luv yellow in my flower beds and yes they are in full sun. I will definitely save seeds this year.

Santa Barbara County, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the info, PerennialGirl. I can actually fit either of those in my garden, which I'm happy to discover.

The reason I asked is that I was remembering some simply enormous Inulas I saw in the North of Scotland. Way taller than I am (5'6"), and as wide as they were tall. I'm not sure if they were a different species, or if they just grow the magnificas bigger up there. (Come to think of it, their hebes were also quite large. And this wasn't at the Findhorn community, either.) Perhaps the long days of summer encourage the plants to grow bigger. (?)

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Alrighty Donna... will this magnifica actually start from seed and be true or do you have to start with a division?

If seeds are a reliable way to start then you can make me a happy camper AND I'll feel like I got the better end of the deal. :)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Blaine, I will save seeds and if possible maybe something else.
;) Donna

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did excellent work. Looking fantastic. One of my favorit color.
Kaleem

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thank you, Kaleem.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.