Louisiana's galore!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm trying to widen a path and have to remove two beds of Louisiana irises: velvety dark purple with a yellow signal.

In return for a dozen I'd like one plant of something else. Make me any offer, please!!! Daylilies are my weakness: eyes, edges, unusual ones preferred and a double fan is preferred so I can see it bloom next year.

Here's the stack just from the right side!

Thumbnail by pirl

Please make me any offer! They're all washed, bleached, cut back and ready to go!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Arlene
I would love to give them a nice southern home?
You have mail.

Received your mail. Thanks.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi,
My daylilies are'nt big enough as I just started on them this year. I have a Joyce Terry Iris if interested.
TIA
Winnie

Just got home a little while ago and will look up Joyce Terry right away and get back to you.

Will a dozen of LA's do? More? Less?

Winnie,

Right now I have three boxes of irises to plant. Sorry about that. I missed the word iris.

Maybe you have gold variegated only small or mini hosta? Or Coreopsis Sweet Dreams? Or Achillea/Yarrow Terracotta?

Try naming anything! Please! These LA's have to move on!

Arlene

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Arlene,
I have a Mons. Jules Elie Peony.
Winnie

Thumbnail by winnietn

I'd feel like I was robbing you. Certainly you can get a better trade for your peony than Louisiana irises!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

iF YOU FEEL THAT BAD YOU CAN ALWAYS THROW IN A FEW EXTRAS. lol
I have a few that has to be moved. I have had these nearly thirty years and I have plenty.
Winnie

Okay - it's a deal and I'll give you at least two dozen! You may end up sorry you said I could throw in a few extra!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Never , I just started on Iris and Daylilies and I have along way to go. My addy is in the exchange. I will check and see if yours is there. Thanks a bunch for helping me to add to my gardens.
Winnie

Most welcome. I'll be printing labels in a few minutes.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Your peonies are on their way to you.
Winnie

Just for that I'll give you your two dozen and add in the balance. I'll try to get back to you to let you know how many acres to dig!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I'll have to wait on the digging the rain is here for the day looks like. I'm not complaining tho. We really need the rain after weeks of dry weather.
Winnie

We would love a drenching, pouring rain for a day - it's just so humid!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

pirl,

How far is Southwold from the 48th parallel?

Inanda wishing she lived slightly further south

Southwold is the original name of our town, meaning South woods. The English settled here in the 1600's and named it after their home town, in England, of Southwold. Somehow it was changed in later years to Southold.

I wish we lived further north! Nothing warmer than today, thank you!

Have no idea where we are in relation to the 48th parallel. It will give me something to do tonight and I'll let you know.

Arlene

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Arlene,

I'm new at this and don't have a lot to offer, but I do have some walking iris (the white and purple ones) plus three little baby hostas. Or would you like bromeliads? I have lots of those.

Chops

Sounds good - the little hosta, that is. Do you have names for them and are they either small or mini hosta. If you go to the hosta forum and post photos and ask for I.D. the nice people there will identify them for you.

We must go out to deadhead our daylilies - we're at 1000 a day and the number is dropping, thank the Lord, but get back to me.

Also, if you haven't seen our gardens you're welcome to visit. Loading might be slow for dial up users - fair warning!
Forums: Garden Talk, Southold Historical Society.....
and please put your comments on the thread. We want to print it out and save it with our souveniers.

Arlene

Thumbnail by pirl
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Pirl,

I took pics of the hostas today and will try to get the IDs. They are supposed to be regular sized ones, and variegated, but I got them at one of the big discount warehouse stores and think they were mislabeled. Will let you know what I find out.

Glad your tour went well. Wish I could have seen it.

Chops

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Hi pirl--Sorry to be so dull, but what are Louisana iris? And do you have any more to trade?

LaLambChop - I'll wait for your reply and identification. I have many of the solid green, even mini's and smalls, but was looking for the variegated ones. Let me know what you find out.

1gardengram: It's a velvety smooth, flat planed iris (not like a tall bearded iris at all, in any way), needs no staking. Ours are purple with a yellow signal. You might want to check for them under Plant Files at DG.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.