Where can I find Crape Myrtle Raspberry Ice?

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Dave, I remembered you posted a picture of this Crape Myrtle and tried to take some cuttings but I think, were unsuccessful. Can you show a picture of it again and maybe tell us where it can be purchased?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sounds pretty. I've only heard of Raspberry Ice Bougainvillea. Can't wait to see this one. I'm waiting on my Dynamite Crepe Myrtle to bloom. Will mark this thread.

Right here: http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/5736/

Alas, I have absolutely no memory of where I obtained this tree. I probably bought it at a local garden center but I can't be sure of that.

dave

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is gorgeous. I'm going to have to look for this one.

I found this one called Peppermint Lace in the plants files
Couldn't attach it but it's in the Plants Files.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2005 11:07 AM

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I have one, and I got it at a nursery here in Denton. I can take cuttings of it and send them to you, if you tell me how. It is very pretty and I have never noticed any problems with diseases or insects.

Brugie and I both want cuttings, I see. I saw an article on taking cuttings of crape myrtles; I'll get back to you.

First, how tall is Raspberry Ice?
Here is what googling brought up: take cuttings from semi-hardwood that is from new growth of this season during June, July or August. Leave 3 to 4 nodes and several leaves at the top. Remove any blooms or buds. Place cuttings in a well-drained rooting medium in a shaded area and keep moist by enclosing in a clear plastic bag.
I wonder how long it will take to reach bloom.....
malvatoo, you have mail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.