Does anyone have any of this?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

It is supposed to be a type of Bee Balm....?? I had it a couple of years ago and I don't seem to have it this year at all. Would like to find seeds.
Thanks for your help,
JanetS

Thumbnail by JanetS
New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Monarda citriodora? http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/301/index.html

I have seeds.

~* Robin

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes I would love some of your seed. Are you looking for anything in trade or postage? LMK
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Robin, which of the pictures does yours most favor? There seem to be several different ones..it doesn't make any difference as far as wanting the seeds, I would love some of all of them! LOL
Janet

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Robin, I would love seeds if you have any left. Just let me know what I need to send you. I don't have that kind.... I have Raspberry Wine, Pink (don't know the name), and Jacob Kline.
~~Peggy

(Zone 7a)

I love bee balms, too - they sure do keep the hummers happy. However, is it possible that this plant might be Lobelia siphilitica? Take a look at this thread and see what you think -
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/8276/

If anyone has any seed, I'd love to trade - Karen

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No, it is definitely Monarda. I loved it too! I don't know what happened to it though. I have on or two little spindly stalks and that is all. Maybe the yarrow smothered it out. I need to rip out a lot of white yarrow! Thanks for the input! Robin, what did you want for the seeds? LMK

I can't seem to get yarrow to grow. It always dries up and dies. And the butterflies in my yard ignore them, even when they're in color....

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Try sowing the seed instead of purchasing plants. I had a wildflower mix that had the yarrow in it and it is almost a week for me. Mine is the white. I would be happy to send you as much as I can get into a $4.00 box when I start pulling, if you want to try again. Mine grows in partial shade, afternoon sun mostly, as well as in full sun in the back gardens. It seems to spread more in the partial shade than the sun, so maybe you need to put it into an area with four or so hours of sun. Like I said it is almost a weed for me in the partially shaded area. Also have that problem with Autumn Clematis! It is everywhere. I am going to pull all of it out I can get my hands on and NEVER put it near another flower bed, only in an area where I don't mind it going all over everything!

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

JanetS,

It's my eyes; got an eye infection; in both eyes alternating back & forth.

~* Robin

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Bless you heart! Don't worry about it. Let me know when you are better and we can trade then if you want. I would really love to have some of the monarda seed for next season. Get better! I hate it when my eyes are bothering me. I have had a viral infection in mine and it took weeks to get it cleared up! So take care. Also, a tip one of my doctors gave me was to wash mine really well with Baby Shampoo and water twice a day. Since it doesn't sting your eyes you can get them "squeaky clean" and it keeps the germs from spreading and aids in healing. Great for taking off eye makeup too!
Janet

Bellmore, NY(Zone 7b)

I think I found your plant! I was considering ordering it, it's so unusual, and it's supposed to be very mildew resistant, too. Bluestone Perennials has it:

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/MOLAS.html?id=3eP99Da3

It's called Monarda Lambada.

wow, that's cool.... and its on sale, too.....

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, that is it! I just love it. It was in the background of one of my wildflower beds and it really is a great plant! It is so unusual and kinda just sticks it little head out just above the other plantings. Thanks for info!
JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.