Isn't She Pretty!!!

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

I just had to show everyone!! She just glistens, and smells heavenly!!

Thumbnail by meag848
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful flower and a great picture!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

What kind is that? It's gorgeous! Even better that she smells good!

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

I was told that it's called French Kiss. Very pretty plant!!

Corte Madera, CA

what a beauty =).

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

it's true ID would be d. discolor, very pretty indeed, I love them they just "glow"!

Here is mine from before.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Hilltop Lakes, TX(Zone 8a)

Stunning!...both pictures are just gorgeous....both so plump and shiny....I am going to have to learn how to operate the camera now...not that mine look this good......what do you feed them?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Pokie..... I use alfalfa tea on all my plants, it really boosts them up.

Get that camera out and start sharing :)

Laurrie

Looks like its already time for me to start learning....what is alfalfa tea?....I have never heard of it....we make and use manure tea here in TX.....title tells all there...hahaa...but alfalfa does not grow here, way too hot and humid....is it something available in stores?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Yup, sure is, it's alfalfa cubes/pellets, we buy it for the horse, I just put in 5 gallon bucket, add water and let it steep. My plants just love it here. I buy mine at any farm store or feed store. We have Tractor Supply here and that's where I have been getting mine this year.

Well duhhhh......where is my head? I do live in farm and ranch country.....and I work across the hiway from a Tractor Supply....how often do you use this? I am always willing to try anything to get more out of my plants.....its do darn hot here I have to water often......and alot....but tot ell the truth I enjoy standing out with a hose admiring everything while I water and often have to be "told" by the husband to turn it off and come in as I have been watering for hours.....ahhh, the simple pleasures!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOLOL hmmmmm yes I can say I've let myself get carried away often dragging hose behind me while drooling over plants as I water LOLOLOLOL

I use my mix weekly, my plants are in bud stage now and I often find myself sneaking out mid week like wednesday too now instead of just saturday, so normally I do it on saturday, but here of late wednesday and saturday, (got an old large soup ladel) they work nice, then you don't have to get your hands in the yuck, and yes it starts to really stink after awhile soaking, it nearly ferments!! Next I know you'll ask how much, becasue I asked myself that question when I started doing it. I take 3 handfulls and put into 5 gallon bucket, then I fill to about 6 inches from top, don't go all the way to the top, because after several hours, those cubes start to expand from all that water and they will be a solid wall on top of bucket all swolen up, then I get an old stick and stir it, let it settle and water it in. As I use some of the mixture I add more water (so if I mix saturday) by wed. I fill again with water, so Saturday it's getting a large dose and by wednesday when I add more water, it's getting a slightly weaker version. Bu next saturday I have to mix again

Good thing you shared all that...I would probably not have been even close on the ratio..how much do you give each plant.?...it does not seem like it could burn or do any harm...but it is always best to go with the proven amount...oh my husband will love this...manure tea makes him want to scream and a nice big bucket of this is just gonna thrill him.....hahaaaha.....I guess nothing surprises him any more.....thx for the info!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOLOL I would say 2 cups go around each of my plants as a rough estimate of my soup ladel (oooolllldddd soup ladel LOL) AND another thing I forgot to mention is this, picture an "O" your plant is a little dot (like this dot on "i" inside the O) I spread the fertilizer around the outside of the "O" so then it makes the roots grow out toward the fertilizer instead of directly at the base of the plant, make sense???

OH MY HUSBAND thought something died around here when I first started doing this, goodness, but the funny things he did looking for "that dead thing" LOLOL I still chuckle when I think about it, but I finally broke down and told him what it was, he shot me a look that well, let's just say I am lucky I am still living LOL he is over it now, but my "stash" has to be outback and down wind LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.