pictures of my garden

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i have about 7 pictures so bear with me please. everythng is gowing well.
this first picture are of my neon egg plants. these are the largest eggplants i have ever grown. each plant as about 7 or 8 flowers, the most i ever got from black beauty were maybe four.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

the next one are my rows of tomatoes. i'll try to give you the names of the tomatoes from back to front but as always, i always screw up when it comes to marking them so that i can read them afterward. here goes anyway. we start out with rose,m stupice, an unknown maybe the new jersey giant , my own name, then comes an aunt madge followed by another unknown.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this next row i have all of them. front to back, two pruden purples, two black dkrim and one dr. carolyn

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this last row is stupice, montomoso (i know i have the spelling wrong, its a tomato from japan) and i think 3 zoyhchska (spelling again)

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this last one, i promise. lol is a stupice that i hope to be picking in a few days.

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Herbie - Where ya been? Those gardens are looking great! Alas, I have no red tomatoes except for Tumbler. I have picked lots of Slim Jim eggplants. I will grow them again, they are small but longer and slender, good for grilling or stir fry.

Thanks for the update!
-Kim

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohooo! My 'Stupice' are ripening nicely here, and we're loving them in salads or just on their own... They're small (at least mine are) and quite variabe in shape, too. But the flavor is remarkable! That first tomato will taste sooooo good.... but don't rush it! Even if you pick it sooner, let it get fully red-ripe (very slightly less firm means fully ripe and so sweet) before you bite in! I ate an orange-ish one the other day, and it was nowhere near as tasty of course.

Next year, I bet you'll be putting out a couple of early 'Stupice' plants with protection, and then you'll be picking your first tomato by the end of June!

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

That's it. I'm growing Stupice next year.

Herbie, gorgeous gardens!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.