New Hibiscus Photo Gallery

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

Greetings fellow Hibiscusians,
Many of you have a nice collection of plants and I enjoy the photos and postings here on this forum. I too have a expanding collections of hardy hibiscus varieities some of which I have created through crosses of my own. To share with you what's blooming now I created a photo gallery at the link below. It was easier that posted each pic one by one. This is peak flower season for hibiscus so I look forward to seeing more of everyone's photos.
http://www.pbase.com/plantsman/garden_hibiscus

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Shoot ... says we need a password!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

Opps, I sorry about that. I've changed it so you can view it now. If you have a problem let me know.

(Zone 6a)

Beauty flowers! I like Hibiscus 'Lord Baltimore'.

Connie

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

NC this is great. I love your photos. Is a disco belle white the same as a King Kooper?

Linda

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Very beautiful pics!

Worden, IL(Zone 6a)

Very, very beautiful.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8b)

Hi Linda,
'Disco Belle' white, red and pink varieties are cultivars of the U.S. native H. moscheutos. In the wild this species varies from solid white to dark pink, but the most common coloured flower is white with red "eye".

'Kopper King' is a cross between H. moscheutos and H. coccineus. Growing about
3-4' tall this cultivar has copper-red lobed, maple-like leaves. Flowers are light pink with red veining and a bright red central eye. The hybrid is a introduction from the Fleming Brothers of Lincoln, Nebraska.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I will have new varieties in bloom within the next week. I will post a link the the gallery here when they are ready.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.