Breakfast anyone?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Earliest melon this year.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

FD - what type melon is that? It sure looks good! - Flip

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

One of my favorites -Passport, a Galia type cantaloupe.

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Dill, that's a beauty, how long from start to finish? Danny

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

It is listed as 75 days. This one was seeded around the middle of April. Usually the watermelons beat it to harvest but not this year.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Looking good Farmerdill, as usual.
Reminded me I had planned to stop at the local produce stand yesterday for a melon and some South Georgia corn but I forgot. No melon for breakfast for me today. Oh well. We're at least 3 to 4 weeks behind you here in crop readiness.
How many varieties of melon do you grow? Any raccoon problems? They eat most of mine the night before they reach prefect ripeness.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Sometimes, but most of the time the coons don't make it past the corn field. I only have a half dozen cultivars of cantaloupes, Crenshaws and honeydews this year. About a dozen different watermelons.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Wish you had a produce stand in my neck of the woods!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

My goodness that looks delish! My canteloupe is just starting to flower now. Will this zone envy *ever* go away?!

Take a bite for me!

Karen

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Farmerdill --- They sure are beauties. I love melons and like I told aries44 if I had my health I'd grow them thru the summer months but it is too hot for me to work outside.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Only drawback to these is that they all want to ripen at the same time.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

We love watermelon.... BUGS ate all 4 plants. Kaput for this year!! SO... I planted Zucchini in it's place. Doing well....so far......LD

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Should begin ripening this week. Come on down.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Mighty tempting, Farmerdill....
LD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

tempting indeed!

foiund rabbit bites on a few watermelon, picked and tossed em into pasture, wascawywabbits!

LD, know how you feel, lost all my winter squash plants ceptfer one, the smallest of course, wonder what i should plant in tyheir place, fall summer sqyash?

love that melon, send me one FD! i've got a couple late season "hearts of gold" melon tp try oout

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

TamaraFaye.... I have great success with zucchini. Give 'em a try...it's not too late. They really produce !!
LD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

how are they with squash bugs? any fairlly tolerant varities?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.